Employment Type: Full-Time
At Zymergen, our mission is to create a vibrant, sustainable future through biology. We have developed a platform with biotech capabilities to create new specialty molecules that were previously not available or practical through traditional petrochemical based chemistry. Zymergen has demonstrated the promise of its platform to produce both new and known molecules through chemistry and bio-engineering to deliver unique specialty materials. We are passionate about advancing technologies through the innovative use of biology.
Zymergen is looking for an experienced, highly responsible candidate for the Accounting Manager role. The position will be reporting into the Assistant Controller, and work on the day-to-day accounting operations and statutory files for the company's international subsidiaries. This role is responsible for the review of international entity financial statement, preparation of journal entries, and account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP, assisting with quarterly review and annual audit, general ledger activities and support of global expansion project as assigned. You will have an opportunity to develop efficient and scalable processes as Zymergen scales for rapid growth. You are a team player with a positive attitude, showing a willingness to learn new concepts and take on challenges in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidates should have strong general accounting and analytical skills, be able to multitask and perform the job function under minimal supervision as well as possess excellent communication skills.
* Support the month-end close process; preparation of journal entries, cost plus charge, general ledger and intercompany accounts reconciliations and payroll entries for all international entities
* Reconcile cash transactions in foreign bank statements and trust account statements for foreign subsidiaries, and book the related cash entries and intercompany cash transfers
* Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis in all international subsidiaries
* Monitor the ongoing statutory and compliance activities; providing the required documents to the external service provider for local tax compliances and review of statutory filings in all international subsidiaries
* Manage the timely indirect tax (VAT, Japanese Consumption Tax) filings in Asia and Europe through the external service provider; including the creation of reporting process for materials movements in ERP and providing all required documents such as copies of purchases invoices and accounting transactions data
* Ensure foreign transactions are accurately and timely reflected in the international subsidiary's financial statements
* Oversight and ownership with regards to the creation of new foreign entities;
This includes overall program management from the initial phases through the establishment of fully functioning legal entity and building out process and policies for the new employees on-boarding process, expense reimbursement process, accounting and procurement workflows
* Support quarterly reviews and annual audits process
* Assist with preparing any schedules to support quarterly and annual tax provision process
* Assist Zymergen with implementation of the controls required to achieve SOX 404 compliance, by adhering to applicable processes
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field and CPA preferred
* Minimum 5 years of general ledger accounting, with a preference for experience with biotech industry.
* Experiences with international subsidiaries and statutory controllership strongly preferred
* A thorough understanding of consolidation reporting and foreign currency translations
* Experience in an ERP environment (NetSuite, SAP desirable)
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, very strong with particularly with Excel, using PivotTable and Vlookups
* Self-starter comfortable working in a demanding environment and be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to all levels of the company and outside auditors
* Technical knowledge of and the application of US GAAP
* Ability to understand concepts, prioritization, organization
* Must understand business processes and have the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to analyze situation and to document findings
* Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
* Effectively interface with all levels of the organization (supply chain/operations, development team and others)
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in the SF Bay Area, Zymergen is a science and material innovation company rethinking biology and reimagining the world. A World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer, Zymergen partners with nature to create never-before imagined materials and products across industries - from agriculture to consumer electronics, personal care to pharmaceuticals, and more. The company's materials are in use today, creating value for Fortune 1000 companies and major corporations across the globe. Our clients have sold over $1 billion worth of products using Zymergen microbial strains. For more information visit: www.zymergen.com.#06022021