AVP or VP Market Facing Underwriter, Domestic Large Casualty
Employment Type: Full-Time
Zurich Insurance is currently looking for an AVP or VP Level Market Facing Underwriter to join our Domestic Large Casualty team in our San Francisco team.
We are looking for someone with excellent market facing and technical skills that has experience working with Brokers in the west region. This position would be working with our domestic large casualty products managing a renewal book along with being responsible for bringing in new business.
This role will be filled at either the AVP or VP level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant's experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position
This is a highly technical, and market facing position. Experience with Casualty lines of business is needed for this role. As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels.
Our Underwriters are market-facing with objectives focused on profitable growth and superior service to our broker partners and customers.
Our Market Facing Underwriter is responsible for:
* Generating, underwriting and analyzing Domestic Large Casualty Risk business
* Market facing and production activities
* Complying with underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
* Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
* Working within broad limits and authorities on complex assignments
AVP Level Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
* High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
* Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in Underwriting or Market Facing area
* Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in Claims or Underwriting Support area
* Knowledge of legal and regulatory guidelines
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Experience working within time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
* Experience working in a fast paced team environment
VP Level Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree and 9 or more years of experience in Underwriting or Market Facing area
* Bachelors Degree and 18 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
* Experience in a specialist insurance line of business or segment
Only current employees level 7 and above may apply with a High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Knowledge of Domestic Large Casualty
* Ability to effectively assess risk
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strong broker relationships
* Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiation.
* Possess a high level of customer service by meeting or exceeding broker and or customer expectations with respect to required deadlines
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - San Francisco
Remote Working: true
Schedule: Full Time
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland