Senior Brand Designer, Visual Design
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Visual Designer, Brand | Design Team Remote | Full Time
Zonda is redefining the future of the real estate industry. We are making big bets on the future of real-estate, trailblazing a 2030 vision for the industry. Here at Zonda, you'll be able to use your passion and curiosity to drive the next generation of real estate analysts, advisors, and technologists.
We're looking for a passionate Senior Visual Designer, Brand to evolve and extend our brand, expand our marketing practice and map a new chapter together. Zonda looks for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. When you join our team, you'll be in a unique position to make a change with every project. You'll use your full range of skills to build great experiences and learn about the real estate industry, economics, and data. You'll be supported with the necessary tools, and you'll be working with an awesome and like-minded team. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative - all working to build the future of housing.
You'll be one of the founding members of the Zonda brand team, joining our Senior Design Director, Brand to expand the recent rebrand, design new data products, events and media experiences. There are countless strategic challenges that we are excited to solve with you in our portfolio. You'll be in a unique position to make a change with every project. You'll use your full range of skills to build great experiences. The brand design team works closely with the product design team to maintain our design system, introduce the latest best practices, and tackle new domains. You'll also learn about the real estate industry, economics, machine-learning, and deep data. You'll be supported with the tools you need, and you'll be working with an awesome and like-minded team. Responsibilities:
* Be the trailblazer and a change agent for the industry by articulating strong ideas and vision for the future
* Scale brand strategy, design experiences and advanced interactions across our platforms
* Ship new work, caliber quick fixes, optimize all of the platforms for a seamless and low-friction experience
* Run design engagements across the horizon with cross-functional team for internal and external product
* Execute collateral work, maintain libraries & kits, explore new mediums, maintain the design system
* Be a design champion and a user advocate to diplomatically facilitate execution to our values and ethics
* Work independently, maintain speed and throughput, support your teammates and scout feedback
* Build relationships across orgs to facilitate trust and make time to get buy-off from other disciplines
* Model collaboration skills, guide people in processes, expand our culture, and improve efficiency
* Set expectations, work in iterative loops, meet deadlines and complete projects
* Grow and evolve with the organization and allocation, stretch in new roles and responsibilities
* As a remote team, willingness to travel and meet-up for facetime for internal and external meetings
* Experience: 6-10 years at an agency or in-house launching products, brands, services, and experiences with learning mindset across web, email, 3rd party tools and print. Clear understanding of portfolio companies and business models (saas, data, media).
* Portfolio: Documentation of beautiful consumer or business applications cross-platform with respect to understanding complex UI/FE/ systems, scale, demonstrating business and technical intel.
* Education: Undergrad or grad training in graphic design, communication design, branding, art, motion design new media, interaction and experience design, with passion for emerging technologies
* VD Research & Discovery: Experience in pairing with design, marketing, hr, editorial, sales and other teams to collect ideas, requirements, feedback, set expectations, drive and deliver on milestones. Learning new industries and domains, inspiration sourcing, moodboards, running workshops & exercises, structuring design scope, and visualizing clear findings.
* VD Strategy & Synthesis: Distill complicated problems into elegant solutions, understanding and communicating the technical limitations, articulating the design POV liberties behind your decisions, facilitating mapings, audits and study of multiple paths to pursue creative problems that tie to KPIs
* VD Design: Portfolio work demonstrating work with sketching, taste mapping, design studies and prototypes, spec-ing and testing. Excellence in typography, color, motion and composition. Translating feedback to iterate relentlessly, knowing how to address objections and questions, generate and prioritize concepts, refined aesthetic and polished execution, push the limits of brand, work with and expand upon the design system, and managing the backlog. Own brand consistency and reinforce our brand and personality, balance big picture thinking with delightful execution and uphold quality.
* VD Writing: Understand how to work with content and break out dense handed down materials, to make them more accessible, playful and more clear. direct voice and tone styles. Guide creative writing for editorial, marketing, support, sales teams in creating systems and corporate culture. Have great taste and art direction how short and punchy words work with text and layout. Strong skills around critical thinking and storytelling.
* Design Lifecycle: Own complete end-to-end solutions throughout the brand cycle through phases of research, conception, execution to hand-off of assets and requirements for production, supporting excellence all the way through QA to go live.
* Design Community: Life-long learner following industry leaders and sharing best practices along the way.
* Teaming: Detail oriented, organized, clear communicator, self-starter, participatory, flexible, open-minded optimistic, generative, visionary and open new ideas and ways of working, hungry to innovate.
* Leadership: Radiate information, make intros and connections, model culture and creative values in the organization, be the team ambassador on projects, helpful in design crits and reviews
* Project Management: Come prepared to weekly stand-ups, bring your best client facing skills to meetings, be prepared to work and learn, set deadlines, take notes and ownership of next steps. Execute meticulously in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity. Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Tools: Awesome in Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Invision, tinkerer & always exploring
* Top-of-the-line salary
* 401K and competitive benefits
* Education benefits & growth training
* Field work at company events & team offsite
* Regular offsite workshops
* Work from home culture
* New tools and hardware
* A vast new network outside of design
* Extensive benefit package
* Time off: holidays, short days, parent friendly
Zonda provides data-driven housing market solutions to the homebuilding industry. From builders to building product manufacturers, mortgage clients, and multifamily executives, we work hand-in-hand with our customers to streamline access to housing data to empower smarter decisions. As a leading brand in residential construction, our mission is to advance the home building industry, because we believe better homes mean better lives and stronger communities.
Together, we are building the future of housing.
Zonda (formerly Hanley Wood | Meyers Research) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. m/f/d/v