Sr. Engineering Manager, Enterprise Data
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sr. Engineering Manager - Enterprise Data
Zendesk is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our newly crafted Data curation team. They are responsible for collecting and processing diverse data used for internal analytics and reporting at Zendesk
The team is being built as a data curation specialization within our Data Platform team.
What you get to do every day:
* Lead a diverse and globally distributed team of talented software and data engineers.
* Ensure timely delivery and quality of the data products in a multifaceted and occasionally interrupt-driven environment.
* Help us improve data quality by ensuring the best development/operations practices are followed by the team
* Collaborate and support the long term design of our data platform
* Support your teammates, experienced and novice alike, with the advice and knowledge to tackle the everyday problems
* Develop data products/tools that are cutting edge and make everybody's lives easier.
What you bring to the role:
* 7+ years of experience in software engineering/ DevOps or DataOps
* 5 + years proven ability managing people, preferably in an 'operations' environment
* Understanding data management, analytics, and software development
* Heavy experience with cloud technologies (such as AWS and GCP)
* Good grasp of Agile development practices
* Good design skills and efficient solutions to problems balancing scope, performance, and other trade-offs.
* Proficiency in coding in Python or Golang
Nice to have:
* Experience with Zendesk Products, Salesforce, and other common infrastructure used at Software companies.
* DevOps background
* Experience leading cross-continental remote teams
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.