Employment Type: Full-Time
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Credit Underwriter to join our Finance team in Cypress, CA. The Credit Underwriter is responsible for researching and analyzing credit risks, assessing credit history, and approving or denying credit to potential consumers.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
* Decision applications by placing emphasis on response time, quantity of applications processed, and quality of applications approved.
* Structure approvals and handle rehashes to maximize profits and enhance dealer relationships.
* Maintain and establish dealer relationships and educate and train dealerships on YMFUS programs and policies.
* Initiate sales calls to capture applications and where appropriate, prepare written follow-up. Provide prompt accurate response to all internal and external customer inquiries.
* Review and calculate income documentation and perform verification calls on employment and consumers.
* Participate in loan origination software program testing, for development and improvements.
* Other duties as assigned.
* BA / BS degree in Finance, Business or other related course of study is preferred. (High School Diploma Required.)
* Requires 1+ years underwriting experience, subprime preferred.
* Must be highly skilled in credit decisioning and have a solid understanding of consumer credit, and applicable federal and state regulations relative to consumer lending.
* Must have strong analytical and quantitative skills, organizational, negotiation, interpersonal skills and acute problem-solving ability.
* Must be results oriented and possess a high level of personal initiative.
* Strong proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and overtime, as necessary
Reports to: Credit Supervisor.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.