Employment Type: Full-Time
The Dockworker/ LTO will be responsible for loading and unloading freight by hand or by using a pallet jack, sorting product and ensuring that trailers are properly and accurately loaded. This position includes using a barcode scanner, and helping to maintain the service center dock neat and orderly.
1. Load and unload trailers. May load or unload by hand, or with freight handling tools such as lift truck, pallet jack, or side cart.
2. Scan barcode on freight; ensure each freight movement is scanned for tracking to rack, floor or loading door. Follow barcode scanner operating procedures and policies.
3. Verify shipping information from the scan unit to ensure freight is labeled to go to the correct destination.
4. Attach barcodes to freight for tracking and routing.
5. Report overage, shortages and damages according to operating procedures.
6. Sort and segregate freight by destination. Verify freight counts.
7. Dock clean up as needed.
8. Other duties as assigned.
PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
* High School or GED is desired but not required
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
* Experience operating lift truck, pallet jack, or side desired
* Ability to work a flexible and varied work schedule
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
* Consistently maintains excellent personal attendance records
* Frequently lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 70 pounds; pull up to 100 pounds and push up to 50 pounds
* Occasionally climb stairs
* Frequently stoop, kneel or crouch