Network Systems Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
This role will involve architecting network acceleration solutions, including but not limited to; virtual switches/routers, network security, QoS, virtualization offloads, network protocol acceleration solutions on SmartNICs, gateways and hardware platforms in data center technolgy. It includes not only designing hardware acceleration architectures, but also defining software (driver, Linux kernel network stack, user space application) integrations. You will work with the team to develop PoCs, benchmark acceleration solutions and generate competitive analyses. Train FAEs and Sales Engineers to define the sales strategy of product and solution promotions. Work closely with marketing, and engineering teams to define new product capabilities at the solution level and implement the competitive strategies and value propositions of FPGA based data center acceleration products. This will all be heavily involved in customer engagements, ecosystem partner and ISV interactions and publications.
Education Requirements: Master or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related field.
Years of Experience: 15 years of industry experience as a Solutions or Systems Architect, or related occupation.
* Must have complete understanding of data center network workloads; both HW and SW.
* Mut have knowledge on various networking protocols such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, network virtualization protocols VXLAN.NVGRE, network tunneling protocols, IPsec, SSL/TLS/kTLS and DPI.
* Understanding of network drivers and interfaces, plus DPDK, eBPF.
* Understanding of network storage protocols such as NVMEoF, Ceph, NFS.
* Comfortable in architecture discussions with system/software architects.
* Be comfortable in software development and be able to develop sets of PoCs to show values of FPGA or ASIC acceleration solutions for data center customers.
* Provide appropriate software customizations to meet short term customer requirements.
* Understand network solution architectures and enable appropriate software architectural frameworks to meet customer requirements.
* Engage with internal engineering teams as well as ecosystem partners to drive technical requirements and define the direction for future products.
* Exercise technical oversight for seamless feature integrations and test coverages for data center application deployments.