Restaurant Host - The Oasis at Death Valley
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for an adventure, not just a place to work? A place where you can share stories of your travels with like-minded people who also enjoy exploring, hiking, camping, and seeing all there is to see? Perhaps you find yourself longing for solitude and peace. You can experience it all in Death Valley.
At the Oasis at Death Valley, we do more than just work. We make it a point to catch the sunset and sunrise from Zabriskie point as often as possible. We walk out to the middle of Badwater Basin to experience what it is like to stand at 282' below sea level, then drive 2 hours west to find ourselves at Mt. Whitney, the tallest mountain in the U.S at 14,505'. The beauty of Titus Canyon is just an hour's drive away, which offers a spectacular drive through mountains, a ghost town that you can walk through, and petroglyphs to view. Artist's Palette is a 30 minute drive away and with many slot canyons to explore, you can easily spend the day hiking and discovering. Tent Camping is available in many areas of Death Valley.
We have activities on site at the Oasis for you to enjoy as well. Our swimming pools are fed from local streams and are naturally warm, and there might not be anything more relaxing than to swim in the evening and enjoy the stars while you float. Our lush green golf course is a very contrasting and diverse ecosystem. Coyotes can often be seen on the prowl at dusk, and heard howling before the sun rises. There are ponds full of fish and frogs, and walking paths with beautiful views of the Panamint Mountains. Employees play for free and can rent clubs and/or carts.
We have more to offer than just a place to escape the cold. Check out the links below, and if you think Death Valley is a place you'd like to call home for a season or longer, submit an application today!
At the Oasis at Death Valley, we are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. Our mission is to provide legendary service to our guests visiting from all over the world, and your work is instrumental to our success!
As an employee of the Oasis at Death Valley, you receive extremely discounted housing, breakfast and lunch free, dinner is $4 in our Employee Dining Room, a generous benefits package for full time employees, and discounts at our other Xanterra parks and properties.
Before we begin the interview process we would like you to be aware that joining our company requires you to successfully pass a background check and a drug test, which includes screening for marijuana. Failure to pass either of those will result in your job offer being withdrawn.
Job Summary: As a Host/Cashier you will greet and offer hospitality to guests. The Host/Cashier is the first person our guests will communicate with when entering our food outlets. Their personality and professionalism will instill confidence in our guests and will have a direct influence on the environment of that outlet. Job responsibilities will vary depending on the assigned outlet (EDR, Last Kind Words Saloon, Deli, 1849 Buffet).
* Greet guests and seat them based on where they will best be served.
* Establish and efficiently use a waiting list when necessary.
* Ensures that all guests are served in a prompt, courteous manner by giving proper direction to servers and server assistants.
* Acts diplomatically in resolving guest issues.
* Familiar with all server/server assistant procedures and responsibilities and is able to make adjustments as needed.
* Answers all telephone calls using proper phone etiquette.
* Responsible for daily knowledge of room count, special events or banquets scheduled in the assigned outlet.
* May be issued a cash bank and be required to adhere to all Cashier Money Handling Policies and Procedures by correctly entering orders, collecting payment, and completing end of shift balancing in assigned outlet.
* May be expected to perform simple food preparation tasks in assigned outlet.
* May be expected to serve food and beverage per F&B Standards in assigned outlet.
* Perform all opening and closing duties for the appropriate shift and assigned outlet including cleaning, removal of trash, and sweeping and mopping of floor.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Previous food preparation, cashiering, or hosting experience preferred.
* Excellent guest service skills.
* Must be well-groomed and have excellent personal hygiene.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.