Data Science Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
Named among the best workplaces in the U.S. by Great Place to Work seven times, recognized as a 2020 WayUp Top 100 Internship Program, named as a Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group eight times as well as The Denver Post the last 3 consecutive years, and honored with the Business Intelligence Group Sales and Marketing Technology award in 2020. Xactly is proud to be disrupting the Sales Performance Management market space. We're building a culture of success and are looking for motivated professionals to join us!
As a Product Management Intern at Xactly Corporation, you will contribute to key data science initiatives. Working closely with our team of Product Managers and Data Scientists, you will learn how Xactly approaches transforming raw data into actionable insights. As part of these efforts, you will be contributing to our data segmentation, classification and data integrity improvement initiatives. You can expect to learn about the field of Product Management (including various techniques and approaches to the role), Agile Scrum, SaaS, and the exciting complexity of B2B product design and delivery.
Xactly's Product Management team is a tight-knit global team, looking to expand our capabilities and add efficiencies to processes. We are always looking for individuals with diverse backgrounds, the hunger to achieve, and the openness to learn new ways of solving problems. Our team's goal is to set our internal customers up for success and transform the way they think about Customer Support.
**THE SKILL SET:**
- Working towards a bachelor's degree with a graduation date between December 2021 - June 2022
- The desire to pursue a career in Product Management, Product Marketing, or Engineering post-graduation
- You have outstanding organizational skills
- You're proactive, creative, entrepreneurial and results-oriented
- You are able to prioritize requests based on importance and timing
- You can creatively problem solve
- You have a passion for learning
**WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:**
- Get your bearings and begin to build a strong foundation, upon which to grow
- Build relationships with internal business partners including Product Management, Engineering, and Product Marketing
- Gain a strong understanding of Sales Performance Management space and the business challenges Xactly solves
- Join all SCRUM ceremonies and become familiar with Xactly's agile methodology
**WITHIN TWO MONTHS, YOU'LL:**
- Be immersed in the Product Management team and Xactly culture
- Take a deep dive into your project topics and gain the necessary expertise to build towards your internship-end deliverables
**BY THE END OF YOUR INTERNSHIP, YOU'LL:**
- Assist with cross functional business development activities to streamline processes
- Support Business Development Directors efforts to build new partnerships
- Develop Customer Journey alliances process documentation
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!