Pomona, CA, US, 91768
Employment Type: Full-Time
Worthington Industries is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. If you aren't familiar with Worthington, you're likely familiar with what we produce. Our Pomona, CA factory makes advanced composite reinforced gas storage cylinders for use in fireman air breathing packs, military aircraft, space vehicles and satellite systems, natural gas and hydrogen powered cars, and emergency breathing air packages on airplanes. Sounds cool, right? It gets better. We put our people first and operate under the guiding principle of the Golden Rule- treating others the way we want to be treated.
If you are still wondering why you should join our team, here is a quick list of reasons:
* Starting pay $16-$19 based upon experience plus shift differential!
* We have on the job training, so no manufacturing experience is required.
* You get access to our comprehensive benefits package on day 1.
* We are a profit-sharing company; you see your hard work pay off.
The Operator role is responsible for the safety, quality and productivity of the machine. This position is also responsible for timely processing of customer orders and flow of material, contributing to process efficiency. The Operator must also provide timely, safe and efficient operation of machines. Will be responsible for correctly tagging the finished material and moving it to the next designation and stages as required.
* Receives instructions, material requirements, prints, and work orders for the job.
* Plans details of working procedure.
* Stages material in work area.
* Performs routine maintenance and machine set-up if necessary.
* Operates machine to perform necessary job on parts according to instructions and to blueprint specifications.
* Performs first piece inspection using one or more method to assure all dimensions are correct and within given tolerances.
* Makes fine adjustments to machine to bring part within tolerances.
* Operates machine by performing all duties to run successive pieces, or to perform multiple operations.
* Performs periodic part inspection per job instructions.
* Places finished material on a pallet or in a container with the work order number and piece part number on the top piece of each separate item.
* Marks pallet with appropriate tag.
* Completes appropriate paperwork.
* Moves material to next destination and stages as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to lead by example, coach and train
* Can read productions and log required documentation accurately
* Above average knowledge of machine process and steel defects
* Ability to write accurate reject reports
* Basic writing and math skills
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to apply understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
* Ability to read a tape measure and blueprints
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence
* Ability to read all measuring devices
* Fully understands safety training and procedures manuals
* Ability to perform all required quality checks and surface inspection of material
* Frequently is required to stand and sit
* Occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see small detail, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
* Forklift and crane license
* Safety training and procedures manuals
* Required OSHA safety training
* May require First Responder Training (1st Aid and CPR)
* Must have a valid driver's license
High School Diploma or equivalent
Worthington Industries (NYSE:WOR) is a leading global industrial manufacturing company delivering innovative solutions to customers that span many industries including transportation, construction, industrial, agriculture, retail and energy. Worthington is North America's premier value-added steel processor and producer of laser welded products; and a leading global supplier of pressure cylinders and accessories for applications such as fuel storage, water systems, outdoor living, tools and celebrations. The Company's brands, primarily sold in retail stores, include Coleman®, Bernzomatic®, Balloon Time®, Mag Torch® and Well-X-Trol®. Worthington's WAVE joint venture with Armstrong is the North American leader in innovative ceiling solutions.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and founded in 1955, the Company follows a people-first philosophy with earning money for its shareholders as its first corporate goal. Relentlessly finding new ways to drive progress and practicing a shared commitment to transformation, Worthington makes better solutions possible for customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
Alternate Locations: Entry level Operator
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Industrial, Equipment Operator, Inspector, Warehouse, Manufacturing, Quality