Systems Engineering Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 6,000 individuals and closed nearly $12 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE '100 Best Places to Work For®' list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Systems Engineering Manager to join our Global Enterprise Sales team.
Why should you join Global Enterprise Sales?
As a Systems Engineering Manager (SEM), you will be leading a team of Systems Engineers across the Northern California market to provide specific technical Pre-Sales work in partnership with local WWT Client Managers for our Fortune 500 customers across all verticals. No two days will be the same as our broad offerings include Infrastructure Modernization, Multicloud Architecture, Security Transformation and Digital Strategy among others. With our Advanced Technology Center (https://www.wwt.com/atc) at your fingertips for briefings, training, workshops, demos and POC's you'll be delivering best in class results for your customers.
What will you be doing?
The Systems Engineering Manager (SEM) role will manage a team of specialized Systems Engineers across Northern California. Day to day responsibilities will include participation in customer sales meetings, presentations, white board sessions and custom technical design work. The SEM's team will partner with WWT Client Managers in the local markets to bring specific technical knowledge to assist in building out custom solutions and projects for our customers. Technical expertise expansion is highly encouraged as you look to learn about new areas of interest and be on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies. This position will require the ability to travel up to 25+%.
* Own the technical strategy, goals and plans for your team's success and contribute to the organization's overall strategy, plans, and technology direction.
* Collaborate with Sales, Services and Consulting Systems Engineers to define strategic technical plans and align/partner with the right key OEMs to solve customer problems.
* Identify trade-offs between short- and long-term gains by having a deep understanding of customer needs and technical choices.
* Help team solve conflicting priorities and make timely, effective decisions.
* Demonstrate strong management skills and drive results within the team.
* Oversee the presales process and help drive effective communication between sales, Professional Services and National SME Teams.
* Recruit, hire and effectively manage and grow a diverse and talented set of employees.
* Provide technical direction, coaching and mentoring to employees on the team, and others, when necessary to achieve successful short- and long-term outcomes.
* Develop strong relationships with strategic OEM partner and customers.
* Actively engage, build, and help execute business plans/strategy to grow our business in our West Region markets.
* Candidates must live in/or near San Francisco, CA
* Qualified candidates should have 15+ years of experience delivering large scale IT solutions.
* 2 to 5 years of previous leadership/management experience required
* 25+% travel may be required.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, thought leadership, mentorship, and the ability to translate complex IT architectures into easily understood and consumable solutions are required.
Want to learn more about Global Enterprise Sales? Check out the Solutions and Services we provide on the platform: https://wwt.com
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
* Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
* Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
* Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled