Software Development Manager, Mobile
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We believe that the best mobile experiences are the combination of engineering excellence, great user experience, pixel-perfect UIs, and performant services.
We are looking to hire a leader of a mobile development team. You will be joining one of the fastest growing product organizations dedicated to building Workday's next-generation employee experience solutions, on-the-go. We're building best-in-class mobile apps that help hundreds of thousands of employees, around the world, experience their best Workday. Join our team in Victoria to help drive and build outstanding mobile experiences around Workday's analytic and collaboration technologies.
About the Role
* Run and plan all our agile releases and work with teams to line up dependencies across our organization.
* Set team technical goals and direction that allows us to scale across all our business domains.
* Drive and instill a culture of innovation that drives us to deliver the best user experience for our products by empowering your team to own the experience.
* Constantly optimizing our build, develop, and verification processes for higher quality over thousands of merge requests.
* Collaborate with other scrum teams to improve not just the product, but efficiencies in engineering processes.
* Foster the career development of the team by directing growth plans.
* 2+ years experience leading and managing engineering teams.
* 5+ years experience as a developer.
* Experience in shipping mobile products, with a deep and current knowledge of the Android or iOS development and tooling ecosystem.
* High cognitive ability to be able to decipher the best solutions given business requirements on tight deadlines.
* Proven track record to recruit, build, mentor, motivate and inspire a world-class team of developers.
* Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!