Product Designer III, Mobile
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
You will be joining one of Workday's most exciting organizations, the Experience Design and Development Group (EDDG). As a cross-functional organization of 500 individuals, EDDG is responsible for elevating Workday's User Experience, and delivering products that more than 45 million users love. The world of work is changing, and we are at the forefront! Within this group, we strive to make mobile the preferred platform for Workday's casual users.
Our team promotes Workday's core values, with 'Employees' being the first. This is why we empower you to follow your desired career path and achieve professional and personal goals, encourage work-life balance and wellbeing, and are proud to champion equal opportunities for everyone.
About the Role
As a mid-level Product Designer on the Mobile Design team you will help shape the future of Workday's native mobile experience. You love to dig into the details of mobile interaction patterns, keep an eye on mobile trends and have a passion for your field. You can think in terms of systems-- considering problems across a wide spectrum of product areas. You understand that achieving great design is a team effort and relies on close collaboration. You are willing to show your work early and often, and take pride in receiving critique with grace, as well as offering it thoughtfully when asked. You are adept at managing your stakeholders and enjoy mentoring more junior team members.
* 4+ years of UX Design experience creating flows, wireframes, and prototypes to communicate your design concepts
* A portfolio of design work/case studies demonstrating your principles, methodologies, and approach (must include mobile work)
* BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience; UX-related education or certification
* Ability to distill complex interactions into intuitive and elegant mobile experiences that users love
* Motion design experience, understanding of mobile design patterns, usability and design principles, and the capabilities/limitations of a platform technology
* Proficiency using current design and prototyping software and tools (like Figma)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to craft compelling stories for a variety of stakeholder types
* Ability to develop positive, collaborative relationships with peers and cross-functional partners
* Seek challenges and new opportunities while modeling a positive outlook, even in challenging situations
* Willingness to bring your whole self to work and find ways to have fun
Please provide a portfolio (link or pdf) with application and include password if applicable
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!