People Analytics Data Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Our team helps Workday to make better people decisions. If your professional passion is creating a high-performance work environment by pioneering innovative people analytics and insights -then we should talk. A key member of a small but mighty team, we are looking for a results-oriented data scientist ready to channel all their experiences into the challenge of creating pioneering solutions that deliver breakthrough business results. The bar is high, and we believe this is a noble cause to invent and apply the contemporary people analytics insights that extend and amplify our special culture during this period of exciting growth.
About the Role
As Workday's People Analytics Data Scientist, you will work closely with members of the Workmate Support and Talent Management organizations to lead and steward areas that we truly believe are the secret to Workday's continuing success - analytics and insights related to our people, culture, and leadership. This role will deliver results in these key areas:
* Interact with business leaders and product teams to identify business questions and issues for data analysis and experiments.
* Develop algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
* Conduct analytical research studies and establish predictive analytics related to recruiting, retention, growth, performance, team effectiveness, and leadership effectiveness connected to business needs.
* Generate new and innovative analytics and insights based on business needs, audience feedback, cutting-edge neuroscience, behavioral economics, network, leadership, and management research.
* Produce compelling data visualizations that both inform and influence our executive decision making process.
* Identify meaningful insights from large data; interprets and communicates analysis insights and findings to business executives and relevant products teams to drive executive decision making about our talent strategy.
* Partner with our product colleagues in People Analytics to align insights and strategies to implement as the new product becomes live.
* Create compelling enablement content so that other business leader and People Partners can readily use the insights provided.
* Master's or PhD degree in Computational Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or related fields.
* Proficient in statistics, machine learning methods, and analytical thinking.
* Experience managing and analyzing data using R or Python (or similar programming language)
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!