Learning Solution Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
About the Team
Project (Admin) Mgr: Performs non-technical project completion using an internal customer perspective, typically from initiation through delivery. Coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget. Survey Tip: This role has project management responsibility and no direct reports. This job manages specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end. Requires people and resource management through others; part of cross-functional team required to complete the project. Individuals with people management responsibility should be matched to Project/Program (Admin) Mgmt (3632-3636). Employees who manage product development projects should be matched to Project (Design) Mgr (5371-5376). Employees who manage product implementation for customers/clients should be matched to Project (Client Services) Mgr (5872-5876). Employees who manage internal IT-focused projects should be matched to Project (Information Systems) Mgr (6621-6625).
About the Role
The Product & Technology Learning and Enablement (PTLE) team's mission is to foster a culture of learning that inspires innovation, drives Workday's performance and enables workmates to do the best work of their careers. We do that through a talented team composed of Program Managers (Learning Solutions Architects), Instructional Designers, Trainers and Agile Coaches, all working to provide experiences that help the Product and Technology organizations at Workday solve complex problems.
The Learning Solutions Architect team within PTLE is looking to add a highly talented Learning Solutions Architect to our team. Our team strives to make a significant impact through partnership with the Product and Technology organizations. Programs managed by Learning Solutions Architects always include multiple work streams and cross-functional stakeholders. This role also coordinates across job functions (i.e., Development, Product Management, Quality Assurance) and across the PTLE team.
A successful candidate will have a passion for working collaboratively, a drive to 'think outside the box' to create experiential learning solutions and ability to communicate to numerous audiences and stakeholders throughout the process.
The Learning Solutions Architect's responsibilities include:
* Design Learning solutions in collaboration with Instructional Designers that meet the needs of the learning audience and are delivered within set timelines
* Set clear expectations with stakeholders and subject experts to ensure projects move forward on time and with the outcomes expected by all
* Gather feedback in order to continuously improve learning solutions, even after initial delivery
* Manage multiple, complex projects or programs that are essential to the productivity of the Product and Technology organizations.
* Identify and escalate conflicts and be able to manage trade-offs when designing and delivering on learning solutions.
* Effectively communicate with various levels of management on decisions that impact multiple programs and with cross functional teams through program lifecycle
* Drive process optimization and identify opportunities for improving learning solutions through monitoring and measurement.
* Partner with internal customers to develop new insights and understand long term vision of programs with actionable results.
* Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
* 3+ years Program Management experience, a plus if that experience is on a Learning or Education team
* Ability to manage enterprise wide programs with complex inter-dependencies.
* Ability to ascertain the learning needs of someone with a highly technical background
* Demonstrated ability working with higher levels of leadership when consulting on learning needs
* Demonstrated Leadership, confidence, resourcefulness, adaptability, and flexibility to manage learning solutions to their desired outcomes
* Team player with the ability to work cross functionally and influence others
* Complex problem solver capable of translating issues into simple terms to facilitate discussion and decision.
* Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills, tailoring messages to audience
* A confident, positive attitude when interacting with all levels of the organization
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.