Integration Consultant - Military Veteran
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Opportunity Onramps® at Workday is a pathway to launch your career in the technology industry. Opportunity Onramps provides on-the-job training, mentorship, and a pathway to full time careers for transitioning Veterans and eligible Service Members of the National Guard and Reserves.
Workday is proud to support transitioning Veterans and currently serving members of the National Guard and Reserves in their journey from military service to civilian careers.
Workday's Consulting teams are driven by a passion for our products and the success of our customers in implementing our best in class solutions. We're a diverse group of people, with an invaluable mix of experience and backgrounds, located across multiple locations within the region. We are often remote from one another but that doesn't stop our sense of collaboration, supportiveness, and fun!
About the Role
* The Integration Consultant works with Workday's implementation projects, with a focus on the most strategic and complex projects.
* The Integration Consultant works closely with the client's project team to ensure the customer's successful deployments of Workday's various integration products, tools, and services.
* The Integration Consultant will help lead the integration deliverables associated with Workday implementation projects.
* This role must have a deep knowledge of service oriented architecture design principles, common ERP integration design patterns, in-depth knowledge of Workday's various integration technologies, Workday's Implementation methodology, and will combine those skills to deliver successful integration deployments.
* We are looking for someone to join our team who is eager to learn with a creative mindset, support their colleagues and have fun.
* Basic Qualifications:
* Programming in any high level language, SQL scripts, and Java scripting
* 3+ years as a software engineer or technical consultant, or 3 years in a closely related technical area (ie. system administration, software QA, etc.) where script writing or coding is part of the usual job
* Experience working with software delivery and support (experience with SaaS would be awesome!)
* Understanding of relational databases including intermediate level SQL.
* Experience with internet protocols, networks, and related technologies, including http, xml, REST and Soap web services.
* Must be either a US military Veteran or an eligible member of the National Guard or Reserves
* Must be able to pass a standard background check
* Other Qualifications:
* Excellent customer communication skills
* Consulting experience either as an Internal Consultant or with a Consulting/Software Company
* Relevant Educational qualifications and/or professional experience in software, IT projects, application development, Implementation or support.
* Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to learn and apply technologies to address business challenges.
* A detailed problem solver, with a passion for delivering outstanding levels of Customer Service
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Aptitude for learning new technologies and technical skills quickly
* Inventive and adaptable; you'll be comfortable working remotely, utilizing a variety of tools with a high degree of autonomy
This role will require an equal mix of business-facing and technical development skill sets (we're business consultants who also design and code the solutions) so if you have existing or transferable experience in any of the following areas then we'd love to hear from you
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.