Senior Financial Analyst - Technical Accounting Policy
Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded in 1991 with the idea to be the alternative to the big banks, Wintrust has since grown into a financial services company with more than $45 billion in assets, headquartered in Rosemont, Illinois. Through our multiple companies and divisions, we provide traditional community banking and commercial banking services, wealth management solutions, commercial and life insurance premium financing, mortgage origination, and short-term accounts receivable financing and certain administrative services, such as data processing of payrolls, billing, and treasury management services. We provide community-oriented personal and business banking services to customers located in the greater Chicagoland area, northwest Indiana, and southern Wisconsin through more than 175 community bank locations.
* Develop and prepare periodic analytical and monitoring assessments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and guidelines
* Support the Corporate Controller's Group in establishing and maintaining Company accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures
* Communicate directly with Senior Management regarding significant accounting standard developments, conclusions reached and potential impact to the Company's businesses
* Bachelors' or Masters' degree in Accounting required
* 3 - 5 years' recent experience in public accounting or technical accounting research preferred
* Understanding of processes and accounting related to banking/financial services preferred
* CPA preferred
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
* Ability to work in a small team environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.