Employment Type: Full-Time
Windsor was founded in 1937 as a family owned women's fashion store in Southern California. Today, we continue to be all about dressing up by helping our girl make moments matter with on-trend fashion for special occasions, a big night out, or just everyday. We've grown from our humble beginnings to nearly 200 stores with 2,100 team members across the country, and are still expanding with more stores opening. If you are a passionate individual and you think you have what it takes to keep our legacy going, apply and join our Windsor team today!
Job Expectations and Performance Standards:
Windsor expects great job performance. Job duties are to be conducted in a safe manner and with ethical work habits. This includes contributing individually and as a member of management in meeting company goals and supporting our mission statement, as well as displaying a friendly, respectful and optimistic personality. In addition, employees must be responsible in complying with policies, procedures, work rules and guidelines.
The Manager in Training acts as an Assistant Manager while taking the necessary courses and hands-on experience to successfully move to a keyed, store management position. They effectively direct sales by coaching and motivating employees to achieve personal and store sales goals. They also ensure compliance is met for all company operations, policies and procedures. The Manager in Training controls store shrink by practicing and preventing loss.
Essential Job Functions:
* Applies and coaches others on 4 Step Selling Techniques
* Achieves Personal Sales Goals of Black Dot/Gold Star Performance
* Achieves Company KPI Goals and Expectations
* Follows Loss Prevention Procedures and controls shrink and expenses
* Cleans and maintains good housekeeping
* Adheres to Company Dress Code Policy
* Delegates daily operational duties
* Assists in conducting training and recruiting
* Enforces and follows all company policies, procedures, guidelines and programs
* Ensures work environment is safe and clean at all times
* Maintains Company Visual Standards
* Protects company assets
* Any other duties as may be assigned by management
Adheres to Mission Statement Values:
* Works hard and has fun as a team player
* Integrity (mandatory)
* Need to improve all the time
* Does more with less and creates value
* Smiles and listens. Makes guests happy
* Organized and plans in ridiculous detail
* Respects our caring and loyal family
* Minimum 1 year Retail Management experience or 6 months at Windsor working at a store
* Proven leadership experience, ability to develop and motivate a team of up to 25 employees
* Able to resolve issues as they arise with customers and associates
* Communicates well and effectively in a one on one setting and in a group setting
Frequently stands, walks, observes, communicates and reads. Regularly moves and pushes. Counts and writes to accurately complete documentation. Must be able to: access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area and register area, operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store, climb ladders, move or handle merchandise throughout the store (generally weighing from 0-25 pounds) and work varied hours/days to oversee store operations. Environment is fast paced and indoor temperature conditions vary.
* Job descriptions are merely a summary of the position. Duties and responsibilities are subject to change and may include any other that management finds necessary to successfully maintain store operations.