Employment Type: Full-Time
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented HVAC Technician to install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC Technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems. You will guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill their requirements. You will be responsible for air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty and emergency repairs.
To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient, and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
HVAC Technician Responsibilities:
* Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
* Experience with air handlers, chillers, Dx package units, building automation systems, VFD's, duct systems and cooling towers.
* Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
* Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
* Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
* Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
* Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
* Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
* Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
* Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers' requirements.
* Assisting with customers' queries.
HVAC Technician Requirements:
* High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
* 2+ years experience as an HVAC technician.
* HVAC certification a strong plus.
* Willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
* Valid driver's license.
* Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
* Working knowledge of boiler systems.
* Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
* Ability to travel out of town between 30% to 40%.
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
* Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
* Ability to work in confined spaces.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
Willdan is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, disability, military status, veteran status, pregnancy or predisposing genetic characteristics. Willdan does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us.