Roux Institute / Northeastern Data Science and Analytics Co-Op Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX) provides B2B payment processing and information management solutions. From our roots in fleet card payments beginning in 1983, we have expanded the scope of our business to a multi-channel provider of corporate payment solutions in fleet, virtual travel, and healthcare markets.
Our innovative technology, payment, and data solutions are working to enable our customers and business partners to focus on what they do best: achieve their business growth objectives.
WEX is more than just a corporate payment processing company and a job. We are an agile and innovative technology community, where our curious and collaborative people look to bring the future of commerce to the present.
Our internship program is designed to provide interns hands-on, practical experiences while working alongside some of our industry's smartest teams; as well as providing immediate value to their teams and our leaders.
As an intern, you will be challenged and offered the opportunity to make an impact across the business and be involved in the company's most critical business decisions.
We are looking for ambitious and curious students, who are interested in growing professionally and developing their skills to become the next generation of leaders in technology.
**WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN THIS ROLE:**
We are looking for NORTHEASTERN / ROUX INSTITUTE STUDENTS* interested in Analytics & Data Science.
You will be working alongside a large, interdisciplinary group of WEXers as part of WEX's Customer 360 program. This program is tasked with delivering the foundational enterprise data assets that are critical for transformation to being a data-driven organization. This highly visible program will develop a consistent, governed set of core facts about our customers that drive decision-making across all aspects of the business.
**ANALYTICS & DATA SCIENCE ACTIVITIES**
- Explore existing data sources using Snowflake, SQL, and Tableau
- Determine how existing data could be transformed and/or combined with additional data sources in order to solve an analytical problem
- Experiment with various big data technologies, statistical methodologies, and machine learning methodologies to prototype a solution to an analytical problem
- Create visuals and presentations to report progress and results
- Participate in the end-to-end data delivery lifecycle
**YOU SHOULD ALSO EXPECT:**
- A collaborative and challenging working environment
- The opportunity to engage with various stakeholders across the business and senior leadership teams
- To train and develop your skills in your area of work with some of the best experts in the payment industry
- Experienced analytics & data science mentors
**WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:**
- _*YOU MUST BE A STUDENT CURRENTLY ENROLLED AT NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY OR THE ROUX INSTITUTE IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY._
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with SQL and data visualization
- Strong project management skills, including planning and execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting information
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
This job may be performed remotely within the United States, except that it is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.