Accountant - Intermediate
Employment Type: Full-Time
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
WEX is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join their Accounting team. As an **Accountant**, you will have the opportunity to maintain and prepare moderately complex general ledger and sub-ledger financial transactions working in a team atmosphere.
**This role is flexible to work remotely within the USA.**
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Own responsibility of an accounting sub-ledger and ensure accurate records, proper accounting treatment and reporting within Peoplesoft, HFM and T-Recs.
- Exercise accounting control and financial treatment over a group of accounts within a given specialized area.
- Record, classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Include the reconciliation of moderately complex accounts and sub-ledger to the general ledger and resolves differences.
- Act as a liaison with internal and external customers to ensure all financial transactions are recorded timely and accurately.
- Review accounts, records, and other accounting documents for accuracy, adequacy, and proper accounting treatment.
- Analyze and interpret contracts to ensure compliance with applicable billing clauses.
- Initiate corrective action on moderately complex issues.
- Assist in month-end close process to include monthly internal financial reporting for financial analysis, forecasting and results analysis.
- Conduct thorough review of assigned account reconciliations to include preparing proper corrective actions, and accounting treatment within GAAP accounting standards.
- Initiate, establish, and implement corporate accounting policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls and compliance with guiding Accounting principles, concepts, and practices.
- Research accounting practices as assigned and provides a summary of findings to Management.
- Work on special projects as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred, with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Excel: Formulas, pivot tables, general analysis.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant software applications, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial statements and the ability to analyze accounting transactions and financial statements.
- Individual must be a motivated self-starter who possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment with proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and ability to build relationships and manage conflict.
**At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence. **
- 401(k) Plan
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Expedition - WEX’s Sabbatical Program
- Extended Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
This job may be performed remotely within the United States, except that it is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.