Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Employment Type: Part-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
JOB TITLE: Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist - Part-time 24 hrs a week
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Behavioral Health Dept.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist will be responsible for helping Western Sierra Medical Clinic (WSMC) move towards becoming a trauma-informed organization.
The provider will play an integral role in the coordination and development of trauma-informed care across the organization, while also directly providing psychotherapy, counseling, and psychoeducation to clinic patients.
- Above all, embody the core principles of trauma-informed care, including an understanding of the impact of trauma as well as the qualities of self-awareness, patience, compassion and kindness.
- Work at a Federally Qualified Health Center multidisciplinary team to ensure that the patient’s clinical treatment goals and behavioral management needs are met by attending case conferences, chronic disease management meetings, staff consultation, and individual meetings with staff to ensure quality of care.
- Conduct functional and strength-based assessment along with comprehensive diagnosis for mental health, substance abuse, trauma, and psychosocial needs.
- Develop patient care plans that are coordinated and integrated with a comprehensive range of medical and psychosocial services to address social, emotional, and practical needs.
- Provide psychotherapy utilizing individual and family using evidence-based interventions for patients that include social, emotional, and practical life skills to facilitate safe coping, distress tolerance, stress reduction, mindfulness, and relaxation, with the goal of improved functioning and positive health outcomes.
- Utilize both short-term and intensive longer-term interventions that target trauma, mental health symptoms, and reduction of substance use.
- Consult with primary care providers to enhance understanding of the patient, provide support for treatment approaches that incorporate behavioral health needs, and assist with implementation of bio-psychosocial treatment and care plans.
- Be available to primary medical care staff during working hours for crisis intervention.
- Assist with provider education for integrated behavioral and primary care services.
- Participate in Quality Improvement (QI) and with Quality Assurance (QA) measures as needed.
These include participating on interdepartmental teams and committees and contributing to overall Community Health Center efforts towards high quality, cost-effective healthcare for patients, and improved quality of work-life balance for staff members.
- Ensure adequate patient billing and insurance information.
- Provide appropriate transfer of care plans for those requiring follow-up when going off duty.
- Document all pertinent information in patient’s electronic medical record according to clinic policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, marriage, family and child counseling, and or marriage and family therapy from an accredited college or university
- LMFT with current California BBS license
- Knowledgeable of evidence-based treatments (DBT, CBT, Seeking Safety, Motivational Interviewing)
- Experience working with substance abuse disorders, preferred
- Experience working in a medical setting preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability preferred
Loading some great jobs for you...