Senior Manager, SOX PMO
Employment Type: Full-Time
The next big thing in data is you!
Reporting to the VP, the Senior Manager will be responsible for assisting the business and IT process owners in documentation of their design of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), leading the SOX PMO pillar within the Internal Audit team, developing the overall SOX PMO function, and collaborating with the other internal audit pillars - Financial & Operations audit, IT audit, Channel audit, Data Analytics, and Enterprise Risk Management & Audit Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Day-to-day management and supervision of the SOX PMO pillar including:
* Assisting in performance of annual SOX materiality & risk assessment, development of an overall SOX audit plan, and quarterly refreshes of the materiality & risk assessment and the SOX audit plan
* Implementing the SOX audit plan, including ownership and leadership for the SOX Steering Committee and the SOX Operating Committees
* Assisting the leads of multiple financial and IT processes and the other internal audit pillar leaders in executing Management's testing for ICFR
* Executing and reviewing controls documentation, testing approach, and fieldwork execution for individual SOX audit and consulting projects as needed and in consultation with the other internal audit pillar leaders
* Assisting in executing and reviewing draft and final SOX audit and consulting reports
* Developing and collaborating with the other internal audit pillar leaders for coordinating, planning, reviewing, and executing on Management's assessment of ICFR
* Developing, cultivating, and growing relationships with key stakeholders across various business and IT functional areas
* Assisting with coordinating and managing relationships with the external auditor
* Developing, coaching, and mentoring staff, seniors, and managers in Internal Audit
* Developing, delivering, and supporting career development and training for staff, seniors, and managers in Internal Audit
* Assisting in the maturation of the data analytics function, including working to audit robotic process automations, application controls, and other IT dependent controls in close coordination with the data analytics and IT pillar teams to reduce and refine the execution of testing over ICFR
* Assisting with continued development and refinement of strategy, structure, operations, and model for the global Internal Audit function as part of the Internal Audit extended leadership team
* Work experience: 8+ years of progressive work experience with some US Public Company Internal Audit and/or SOX experience with global focus. Preference for experience with a large US Public Company in an internal audit or SOX position and background with a large public accounting firm.
* Certification: CIA, CISA, or CPA (or equivalent) professional certification required. Preference for additional certifications including CIA, CPA (or equivalent), CISA, or PMP.
* Education: Bachelor's degree with focus on Accounting, Information Systems, or Finance required. Preference for a Master's degree.
* Internal Audit Project Execution Skills: Risk assessment, testing, sampling, review, root cause identification, audit reporting, and consulting skills required. Preference for additional skills in other internal audit pillars.
* Internal Audit Operations Execution Skills: Outstanding project, time, and resource management skills required.
* Internal Audit Technical Skills: Ability to understand and analyze business process, internal control theory, COSO 2013, governance, and good knowledge of business best practices in finance & operational audit pillar required. Preference for prior industry knowledge and technical skills in data analytics or IT audit.
* Internal Audit Soft Skills: Ability to apply oversight and judgment across a broad range of finance, operations, compliance, and cross functional areas, constructively managing and assisting with difficult conversations, excellent presentation skills, ability to assist in influencing and managing expectations of stakeholders, coaching and developing team members, relationship building, and business partnering skills required.
* Travel: Ability and willingness to travel domestically in the US and internationally up to 25%.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL®
The future. It's on you. You & Western Digital.
We've been storing the world's data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we're helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can't do it alone. Today's exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It's You & Us. Together, we're the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, SanDisk®, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person's gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify. #LI-JF1