Commodity Manager - Software/IP Licensing
Employment Type: Full-Time
The future. It's on you. You & Western Digital.
We've been storing the world's data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we're helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can't do it alone. Today's exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It's You & Us. Together, we're the next big thing in data. Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Perform Sourcing and contracts related activities for R&D and Engineering teams in WD. The position requires knowledge and experience in the Software management, preferably but not limited to Software/IP licensing (engineering EDA SW preference for ASIC/FPGA development).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure timely and cost-effective acquisition of products (EDA SW, IP Licensing) and support/maintenance services while driving contract compliance.
* Focal point for all the relevant Engineering and R&D organizations in USA. Develop strong collaborative relationships with internal clients to strategically manage spend and the supply base for assigned categories.
* Completing day-to-day activities that include specification clarification, source/supplier identification, proposal analysis, review & clarification, contract knowledge, supplier performance management, supplier/customer conflict resolution.
* Drive improvements in key metrics (cost, quality, deliverables, cycle-time, etc.)
* Provide feedback to management on market conditions, vendor relationships, supply and equipment standardization, quality issues.
* Assist with projects and perform other related duties that may become necessary as directed by management.
* Review and analyze purchase requisitions and coordinate purchasing activities with relevant departments within Procurement and cross functionally to process purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotes to suppliers.
* Negotiate, manage, coordinate, and support Engineering and R&D SW and 3rd party licensing including preparing RFx, managing the process and analyzing competitive bids.
* Analyze spend data, internal requirements, and external supply markets to develop strategic sourcing strategies and plans aligned with the business goals.
* Prepare, redline and negotiate commercial contracts - services agreements, licenses, statements of work and amendments.
* Act as procurement subject matter expert in the specific commodities with the business to identify, develop and deploy best practice procurement, category management and supplier management.
* Develop strong partnerships with procurement operations, accounts payable, and legal teams.
* Manage, coordinate and support special projects as needed
* BS degree required
* 3-5 years experience
* Engineering background preferred
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.
Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity. Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at Careers.Accommodations@WDC.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.