Real Estate Credit Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Westamerica is among the largest commercial banks headquartered in California. We are looking for outstanding people to join our winning team. We reached our current strength because our employees, customers, and shareholders believe in the same fundamental goals: Delivering a wide variety of financial services with a superior customer service guarantee.
Westamerica Bancorporation, located in Fairfield, CA., is looking for a seasoned Senior Commercial Real Estate Loan Officer.
The successful candidate will possess the ability and experience to:
1. Actively solicits, in conjunction with branch sales staff, credit applications for real estate secured term loans or interim construction loans.
2. Incorporate information obtained from independent appraiser and cost engineers to analyze and identify the economic and market feasibility of proposed project.
3. Evaluate various financial data from multiple interested parties (i.e., contractor, tenants, applicant) to determine the credit risk and of project.
4. Monitors the closing of approved term real estate or interim construction loans.
5. Manages assigned interim construction loan portfolio. Ensures transactions comply with regulatory and corporate policies.
6. Functions as liaison to other financial institutions for participatory lending arrangements.
7. Participates in special projects and performs other job related duties as required.
8. Strong experience working with 'problem' loans
9. Proven track record of successfully working integrations and mergers.
10. Ability to review existing deals.