Health Advocate E2H SQL Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
For this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: WESTLAKE VILLAGE,CA,US |
Intrado's Engage2Health (e2H) group is looking for a SQL Developer to add to its team in Westlake Village, CA. We're looking for an expert in SQL, R, And Python. Additional experience with SAS, Hadoop/Spark, and R shiny is strong desired.
Engage2Health (e2H) is the analytics and informatics division of Health Advocate, Inc. Health Advocate is the nation's leading health care advocacy and assistance company, serving more than 9,000 clients and nearly 24 million people across the country. The company offers a range of personalized services to help employees and their families navigate the complex health and insurance systems. The ultimate goal is to help improve employee health care outcomes while simultaneously reducing medical expenditures. In order to serve the needs of a diverse clientele, engage2Health specializes in health services and outcomes research and population management interventions. The e2H team integrates complex sources of health care data to provide customized solutions that promote quality and value in health care. The company is committed to the academic integrity of its programs and maintains a portfolio of peer-reviewed studies that adhere to rigorous scientific standards.
This position is responsible for partnering with team members to understand the business requirements and function specifications of new projects and updates to existing productions or solutions. The core focus is performing data analysis and data modeling as required to design tables and processes to fulfill the requirements of a project; design and develop using database management systems and related platforms and tools (e.g., MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, etc.) and stored procedures that fulfill the technical and business requirements for clients.
Applicant for this job will be expected to meet the following minimum qualifications.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required with major course work in computer science, business information systems, or a related field required.
* Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
* Minimum 5 years of experience developing, maintaining, or writing stored procedures for databases (e.g., SQL, Transact SQL, ect.) is required, preferably in a healthcare industry
* Must be experienced in R and Python
* Minimum 4 years of experience in Data Warehouse processes (e.g., ETL, OLTP, OLAP, etc.) is required
* Adherence to best practices for developing solutions using SQL Server
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience with SAS, Hadoop/Spark, R Shiny
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously