Senior Real Estate Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Welltower Inc. (NYSE: WELL), an S&P 500 company headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, is driving the transformation of healthcare infrastructure. With an enterprise value of over $36B, Welltower is the world's largest healthcare real estate investment trust (REIT). Concentrated in major, high-growth markets throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, Welltower delivers the health care infrastructure necessary to facilitate better treatment at lower costs and keep patients out of the hospital. We provide real estate capital to leading seniors housing operators, post-acute care providers, and health systems, enabling these companies to grow, innovate, and ultimately provide better care. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
The Senior Real Estate Manager directly manages assigned properties totaling approximately 1,000,000 - 2,000,000 rentable square feet and 200+ tenants, ensuring the delivery of an elite level of service to enhance hospital and tenant relationships. The Senior Real Estate Manager leads property management staff and overall property operations across assigned portfolio to support property investment plans and manages operating expenses to achieve Net Operating Income (NOI) growth and maximizes cash flow. The Senior Real Estate Manager plans, organizes, and manages the activities of the assigned properties through the optimal utilization of resources to ensure the consistent delivery of the Outpatient Medical Service Promise. The Senior Real Estate Manager is an experienced manager with the ability to manage larger and more challenging lease portfolio with minimal guidance and an expert in building operations and policies.
* Provide strong leadership and mentorship skills to the assigned property management staff in a manner that motivates commitment and results. Develop and implement staff planning and development initiatives to meet the on-going management/professional requirements as required to meet business needs. Ensure the optimal utilization of all resources to achieve property management goals and objectives across assigned portfolio. Recruit and develop property management professionals that support overall company plans.
* Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all hospital officials and tenants, and with the communities in which their portfolios reside. Direct/plan, organize and manage the activities of across assigned portfolio through the optimal utilization of resources to provide the consistent delivery of the Service Promise to ensure the highest level of tenant satisfaction. Ensure the ongoing gathering of key tenant information and feedback to develop tenant profiles and provide intelligence for new value add program development.
* Direct/manage operating expense projects and service agreements that drive property operating expense budgets to support achievement of NOI growth targets, Common Area Maintenance (CAM) budgets and maximize cash flow.
* Provide ongoing input in the development and maintenance of property investment plans of assigned properties, to include recommendations on capital expenditure Maintain a thorough working knowledge of each property plan to ensure all properties in assigned portfolio are managed consistent with the stated strategic direction.
* Manage/direct the ongoing operations of direct reports and vendors at assigned properties to include administration, maintenance and repair, leasing tours and vacant space marketing, renovation and construction, personnel and financial activity. Maintain involvement and provide necessary assistance to engineering and project management with building improvement and tenant allowance capital expenditure projects to include, but not limited to, overseeing vendors, ensuring building rules and regulations are followed, and maintaining ongoing tenant communication and interaction to ensure tenant satisfaction.
* Maintain a strong working knowledge of all operations and financial policies, procedures and systems. Ensure the implementation and ongoing utilization/compliance with all company policies, procedures and systems required for the effective operation across portfolio of assigned properties.
* Ensure the implementation of weekly & monthly maintenance inspection program to monitor the efficiency and condition of building, and the required maintenance follow up to ensure all action items identified from inspections are addressed satisfactorily and timely. Coordinate with Operations Manager, all maintenance of ongoing programs for building maintenance and cleaning to include scope, bid and monitoring third party service providers to ensure contracts are adhered to and appropriate service levels are being met at most competitive pricing.
* Prepare/ensure the timely completion of monthly and quarterly management reports, to include but not limited to, budget variance reports, reforecasts and income and expense reports with variances noted.
* Responsible for the ongoing collection of tenant rents. Review and approve weekly tenant delinquency report. Develop and implement proactive rent collection and delinquency management measures.
* Implement and maintain proper risk management practices to include consistent fulfillment of vendor insurance obligations, building life safety and security procedures, and implementation of incident/accident prevention measures and analysis. Ensure staff is maintaining vendor certificates of insurance, tenant emergency notification information, building life safety security procedures, as-built drawings, building certificates of occupancy, warranty manuals and other records required for the proper administration of all assigned properties.
* Assist in the due diligence and on-boarding of new property acquisitions to include property inspections, review of due diligence material, communicating with seller's property management, transitioning vendors and insuring transparent transition for tenants.
* Has experience with and is proficient with Welltower's employment and performance management processes and practices. Is capable of developing recommendations based on sound documentation that ultimately are used to make employment and performance management decisions.
* Continue to pursue professional development through BOMA, IREM or other industry and trade organizations. Participate in external activities consistent with the company's responsibilities in the community, including civic and business organizations. Develop and maintain relationships with key clients/tenants, industry and trade associations, government representatives, public service organizations, and vendors as necessary in the overall management of the property.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Customer Focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
* Optimizes Work Processes - Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its goals. Identifies, creates, and/or improves the processes necessary to get things done.
* Resourcefulness - Gets the most out of limited resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done.
* Communicates Effectively - Effective in a variety of communications settings and actively listens.
* Directs Work - Provides direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years' experience in property management, asset management, marketing and leasing of commercial buildings, or related field is required. Previous experience should include property management experience with a REIT or recognized management company. Experience managing medical office properties is preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree required, with a specialization in business administration, real estate, finance, or a related field is preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Possession of a valid driver's license.
Certification(s): Real estate license, CCIM, CPM, CFM or RPA designation is preferred.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen including nicotine screen (in states where permissible).
Welltower is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet