Equity Research Associate - Software
Employment Type: Full-Time
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets and advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading and research capabilities, to corporate, government and institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration and respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo.
Equity Research Associate - Software
In this position you will partner with a Senior Analyst covering the Software sector. Specific responsibilities include creating, updating, and maintaining financial models, writing company and industry reports, conducting fundamental research, maintaining and analyzing database information, and communicating with clients, internal constituents and senior management. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest or background in software/technology and enjoy writing.
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
* 3+ years of capital markets industry experience, financial services industry research experience, or a combination of both
* Financial accounting experience
* Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
* Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
* Good attention to detail and accuracy skills
* Knowledge and understanding of financial statement analysis
* Knowledge and understanding of Investment tools such as Bloomberg or Factset application
* Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
* Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Power Point, Word, Access)
* Strong analytical skills
Other Desired Qualifications
* Has a strong work ethic
* Highly motivated
* Experience with aggregation programs a plus.
* Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
* Registration for Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted
* Registration for FINRA Series 86 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted
* Registration for FINRA Series 87 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.