Digital Consultant 4- Lead UX Content Designer- AfroTech 2021 Event
Employment Type: Full-Time
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital and Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
People's relationship with their money runs high with emotion. Too little money and anxiety creeps in, too much money and confusion presents itself on how to protect it. We believe we can temper some of these highs and lows by creating honest, simple, and human digital experiences for our 30+ million consumers, small business customers, and team members. Join us and have a positive impact on the financial lives of your friends, family, and neighbors.
The Wells Fargo Experience Design (XD) team designs experiences that people love and confidently engage to improve their financial lives. We work closely with technology and product management to ensure we are problem-driven (versus solution) and customer-first. While we have individual expertise across product design, research, content design, and operations, we all operate as empowered leaders with strong design rationale. As a team, we care about each other yet believe in radical candor, want to have fun while we work, and are obsessed with what's most important to our 30+ million customers!
Why you'll thrive here:
You share our passion for customer experience and problem-solving. You play well with others, but you aren't afraid to stand up for what you think is right. You're diplomatic and flexible, and you've got what it takes to influence others. You see the big picture, but you also find satisfaction in making every detail right.
You're a self-directed content designer who's also able to give direction as a lead of a cross-functional design team. You're able to make sense of complex digital products and programs and contribute to business and product strategy. You're able to frame the customer problem, identify inventive solutions, and clearly articulate the rationale behind your recommendations.
You know the difference between content strategy and UX writing, and you do both well. You love words, but you understand that content is much more than just copy. You're skilled at defining information architecture and contributing to experience strategy. You consider the full customer journey.
You have a masterful understanding of content design best practices and tie them into your rationale when presenting your content. You're able to use your facilitation skills to foster partnership and gain alignment across collaborative design partners, stakeholders, and leadership.
* Have an understanding of the user-centered design process, including personas, task analysis, task flows, journey mapping, content audits, content strategies, and user testing
* Understand what's technically possible, and how business rules work with customer experience
* Are organized and able to work on several projects at once
What you'll be responsible for:
* Collaborating with product designers, content designers, design program managers, and researchers on multi-device experiences for online and mobile banking, financial education, product information, tools, and applications
* Framing customer problems, understanding business goals, and generating creative solutions
* Writing and editing copy - you make every word count
* Creating content strategies that align with experience architectures, meet customer needs, and support business goals
* Clearly articulating the rationale behind your recommendations, reflecting brand standards, content design best practices, and competitive research
* Partnering with product managers, project managers, developers, business analysts, legal/compliance, and stakeholders across the organization
* Ensuring your content is accessible
* Performing light interaction design as needed
We'd like to see your work, so we may ask qualified applicants to electronically submit writing samples as well as interim deliverables including, but not limited to design briefs, content inventories, and strategy recommendations.
Location options for this role are Charlotte, NC or San Francisco, CA
Travel will be required up to 10% of the time.
* 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting demonstrated through work or military experience
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Financial services industry experience
* Knowledge and understanding of project management principles: managing projects from beginning to end; that vary in scope and complexity
* Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
Other Desired Qualifications
* Experience with mobile content design
* Experience developing and implementing content strategies for large sites or large sections of sites
* Deep familiarity with user-centered design principles
* Experience developing and owning digital editorial standards and guidelines
* Experience leading cross-functional teams
* Demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict
* Excellent organization and attention to detail
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word; comfort with PowerPoint and design collaboration tools (Freehand, InVision, Figma)
* Familiarity with content management systems
* Experience with information architecture; interaction design experience is a plus
* Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.