Digital Business Planning & Support Leader
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.92 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,200 locations, more than 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 31 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2020 rankings of America's largest corporations.
Strategy, Digital, & Innovation (SDI)
Strategy, Digital & Innovation group is responsible for Corporate Strategy and its Digital and Innovation teams. The group positions Wells Fargo for the future by enhancing the company's focus on planning for the digital future and investing in the customer experience. The group leads corporate strategic planning; defines and manages digital platform standards and capabilities; and manages innovation priorities, opportunities, and companywide efforts to drive transformation. The team works closely with the company's Technology Group and business lines to deliver digital solutions and innovation to customers that are integrated, intuitive, and seamless across channels.
The Digital Business Planning and Business Support leader will be responsible for maintaining an overview of all digital initiatives and client facing impacts across SDI Digital and other groups who make changes on our Consumer Banking platform. This individual will also develop and run a portfolio steering process for Digital Channels - building strong relationships with the SDI Digital Operations team and the SDI Transformation and Shared Services team. This leader will also help to develop and measure KPIs for the Digital Channels team, handle all team-related communications, and drive overall Employee Engagement and Diversity and Inclusion progress.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include the following:
* Initiative status and related routine preparation - daily, weekly, monthly status updates to ensure the team is meeting milestones and ensuring appropriate executive level oversight / decision making. This role will be a key delegate for the Head of Digital Channels in all aspects of the business.
* Portfolio steering - large coordination of effort between product managers, SDI Digital COO, SDI Transformation and Shared Services, and technology partners.
* Other support and planning, including KPIs, team communications, Employee Engagement and D&I. Preparing ad hoc documents to support running the business and managing a large and complex organization.
The successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of digital product/channel management, and be able to expertly communicate across the business and enterprise at all levels. Critical success factors will include the ability to navigate effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many stakeholders and lead through influence. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
* 7 + years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product or program management, digital platforms or digital consulting
* 5+ years of leadership experience
* 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
Other Desired Qualifications
* 5+ years of experience managing large technology portfolios
* Experience working in an agile organization and knowledge of agile development processes and best practices
* Proven and demonstrated leadership skills including relationship building, change leadership, partnering and collaboration skills with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with a diverse group of key business partners/leaders
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to senior management and ability to articulate key messages around risk, issues, customer impacts, etc. in a straightforward and understandable manner
* Ability to energize and motivate others; thrives in teams; highly inclusive and collaborative with proven ability to lead through influence vs. authority
* Proven success driving objectives requiring a high level of cooperation from other parts of the organization to collaborate, initiate action planning and manage change
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.