Discharge Planner RN
Employment Type: Full-Time
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to 'Always Do The Right Thing!'
Under the direction of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM), or higher licensed medical professional, the Discharge Planner specializes in pre-release or post-release case management. He/she will assist in the coordination of community services for each persons served and is responsible for the assessment of all persons served discharge planning needs. He/she will assist in the implementation of re-entry care plans and provide ongoing support to all persons served in the areas of community behavioral health resources, substance abuse treatment, housing, employment, social relationships, education assistance and other relevant needs.
* Completion of an accredited social work, RN or LVN program
* One year experience as a Discharge Planner in an acute setting or case management/care coordination in a mental health facility
* Previous correctional/detention facility experience
* Unrestricted current license in state of practice - must maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing, etc.
* Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification through AHA
* Discharge planning for all persons served on the behavioral health caseload
* Provision of case management services
* Pre-release and post-release interviews
* Contact with agency resources prior to release; contact with case manager/clinician/liaison working with persons served in the community
* Ensure scripts for medications are received upon discharge; provision of resources to obtain scripts or medications
* Coordination of medical benefits, social security, and other such services
* Coordination of outside behavioral health or substance abuse services
* Coordination of housing placement
* Provide relevant clinical information and data for quality initiative purposes
* Conduct groups and educational sessions on topics pertaining to: Life, Job and Parenting Skills
* May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process of potential staff
* May assist in orientation and training of new employees
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer