Guest Service Agent-Full-time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Welk Resorts-Northstar is hiring for our upcoming busy winter season! Ask about our $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
By adhering to Welk Resort's High Five service standards, our Guest Service Agents welcome, register and assist all guests in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner. In addition, associate will keep records of guest accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
* Consistently follow the Welk High Five service standards at all times.
* Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
* Attend safety meetings, keep the workplace in safe condition, and work in a safe
* Adhere to attendance policy and report to workstation at scheduled start time.
* Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems, and/or procedures.
* Maintain a neatly groomed appearance that is in compliance with the Welk Resort Group standards. For this position, appropriate dress includes a clean, pressed uniform worn in adherence to the Front Office Uniform Dress Code.
* Check in with the department manager or supervisor to ascertain any special needs or events for the day.
* Cooperate with coworkers and management.
* Work to resolve conflicts with other associates, or see a manager if resolution is not possible.
* Assist other WRSD associates if necessary and appropriate.
* Be knowledgeable of and provide information regarding hotel facilities, hours of operation, key personnel, special activities and functions in the resort as requested.
* Provide directions to the resort from any location as requested.
* Handle front desk telephone calls as needed and ensure that prompt courteous service is provided.
* Make reasonable determinations of what a guest is seeking in room accommodations, based on the guest's requests and information given, and participate in problem solving situations while keeping managers and supervisors informed.
* Be familiar with all departments and key personnel in each department.
* Perform all duties listed on the shift administrative checklist and inform department manager of any duties that are not clearly understood.
* Complete all duties on the shift checklist, and inform department supervisor or manager immediately if any items on the checklist cannot be completed during the shift.
* Utilize the computer system in retrieving, updating and inputting guest information.
* Answer the telephones professionally and cheerfully, including transferring and routing misdirected calls and taking messages.
* Read all departmental memos and inform supervisor or manager of any information that is not clearly understood.
* Report to the supervisor any supplies that are needed or any safety concerns that need to be addressed.
* Alert the following shift of any duties that have not been completed or of any pertinent information regarding special situations.
* Answer Platinum Ownership FAQs
* Take payment for owner maintenance fees
* Provide owners with temporary cards when needed
* Make Owner Services appointments
* Assist with authorization forms for guest to check-in prior to owner
* Assist with Day Use information and reservations when necessary
* Perform other tasks as assigned by department supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements following this paragraph are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization. Excellent communication skills required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is required to walk and stand the majority of the shift, and sit occasionally. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.