HR Business Partner
Employment Type: Full-Time
Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Bloomberg and TechCrunch, and here.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA and currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (6x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $400M+ in funding to date from leading investors including DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About The Role
We are looking for a qualified HR Business Partner to oversee all human resources operations on-site and ensure that they are aligned with our business goals and strategies. Our ideal candidate should have solid experience with HR practices and employee management. You will communicate with the site leadership and management teams to express new ideas, suggest solutions, provide real time coaching and feedback, and help foster engagement and culture.
This is a great opportunity to build everything from the ground up within a well funded startup company. If you'd like to challenge yourself, build the team and improve the processes, this role will be a great fit for you. You will essentially serve as the HR leader who will be responsible for all HR services on-site.
* Partner with the corporate human resources team and business leadership teams to provide strategic and tactical HR support, ensuring alignment with corporate direction, strategic initiatives and human resources best practices. (e.g., talent recruitment, development and training; associate engagement; succession planning; performance management legal/regulatory compliance; compensation, safety and benefit policies and practices)
* Manage and resolve employee relation issues; conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth Educate, support, and follow up with the leadership team regarding ER issues
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees; provide advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel and employment laws
* Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, etc.) to improve work relationships and increase productivity and retention
* Proactively establish processes and assess improvements to the employee experience and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions
* Possess and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the jobs and stay up to date with industry trends through regular communication, walking the floor to observe job performance and attending operational meetings when needed.
* Leverage your data-driven mindset to provide regular report and analyze trends and metrics especially on labour cost, attrition and engagement
* Be a leader throughout Weee! - advise, mentor/coach and guide all levels of management to develop positive employee engagement capability and leadership skills
* Working closely with the recruiting team and making sure there is no gap in the workforce. Understand the market well and be able to leverage staffing agencies when necessary
* Build credibility and trust among employees. Resolve employee concerns through compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through
* In partnership with leaders, develop workforce plans that ensure our success for the long term
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources
* Proven experience as HR business partner or HR manager
* 5-7 years of hands-on experience managing day to day HR work. Warehouse experience preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines
* Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local employment laws
* Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
* Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidential information
* Strong research and problem-solving skills
* Good interpersonal and communications skills
* Self-confident with a strong sense of personal accountability
* Good Computer Skills. Proficient at Microsoft and Google Suites
* Bi-lingual (English/Mandarin/Spanish) a plus