Product Manager, Driving Experience
Employment Type: Full-Time
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they're going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World's Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world's first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
In this role, you'll:
* Technical breadth. This PM needs to be willing to dig deep into our systems, tools and processes to find ways to make the Waymo Driver smoother and the ride more comfortable, and work with engineering teams to develop solutions.
* Analytical Skills: Experience in translating extremely ambiguous problems into key components and driving each to conclusion
* Passion for users. This PM needs to be a strong advocate for our customers, eagerly channeling user feedback to our engineering team to advocate for improvements.
* Communication Skills: Communicating highly complex proposals to a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
* Strong interpersonal skills - due to the cross-functional nature, a successful PM in this role will need to form relationships with a very diverse set of teams and make things happen by influence
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, technical field or equivalent practical experience
* 4 years of experience in product management
* Strategy and analytical skills. Ability to gather and analyze large quantities of information, and turn them into a thoughtful and compelling product vision.
* Good at problem definition and problem solving, and turning ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions
* Flourish in ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment
* Motivated by making the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen
It's preferred if you have:
* Master's degree in a technical or engineering field or MBA or equivalent practical experience (
* Prior management consulting experience
* Working knowledge of statistics and analysis tools (SQL/dremel, python)
We appreciate your interest in Waymo. Waymo is an equal employment opportunity employer. Waymo's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Waymo also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. Waymo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. Waymo also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.