Employment Type: Full-Time
Wastequip's mobile division Amrep has an immediate opportunity for Service Mechanic to support our Ontario, CA manufacturing operation. Amrep manufactures refuse trucks from beginning to end. The ideal candidate will Travel to customers' sites to perform service/warranty repair work. Work may also be performed onsite at our facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Uses hand and power tools on a service truck to identify issue needing resolution
* Above may include electrical, hydraulic, welding, fabricating work to be performed
* Confirms and/or updates supervisor on repair/service needed
* Performs general maintenance on client's equipment using specified processes to meet or exceed customer expectations
* Interacts with the customers to verify work being done meets their specifications.
* Travel by vehicle to customers either by driving or as a passenger.
* Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
* 3-5 years' experience as a Truck or Heavy equipment mechanic
* Ability to read and comprehend verbal and written instructions
* Able to troubleshoot electrical and hydraulic components
* Proficiency in welding and fabricating
* General mechanical abilities with Diesel Trucks or Heavy Construction Equipment
* Must have good customer service skills.
* Refuse experience preferred
* Ability to ride in a vehicle for long periods of time
* Welding/Fabrication experience is a plus
Physical Effort: Amount of physical exertion expended in handling materials, tools, operating machines, or equipment. Identify tools, equipment, machinery, materials handled. Indicate % of work time involved.
Headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing and service facilities throughout North America, Wastequip is the leading North American manufacturer of waste handling equipment. Wastequip is the only manufacturer to offer a full line of steel and plastic products to collect, handle, and transport just about any type of waste and recyclables.