Staff Physical Therapist Assistant - Physical Therapy - Per Diem 8 Hr - Variable Shifts
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Physical Therapy Assistant, under the supervision and direction of a licensed Physical Therapist, will assist in the provision of professional Physical Therapy Services, specific to patient's age and diagnosis, including carrying out individual patient care treatments, documentation, educating patient and family, conferring with other professional and performing other related duties as required. The Physical Therapy Assistant will work in a variety of settings including all floors of the acute care hospital. Patients will include inpatient and outpatients.
In addition to performing the essential functions listed below, the Physical Therapy Assistant ,ay also be assigned other duties as required.
* Graduate from an accredited program of Physical Therapy Assistants or training experience recognized by the Physical Therapy Board of California.
Work Experience Requirements
* Successful completion of internship in physical disabilities setting.
* One-two years of experience in an acute care setting, preferred.
* Holds, or is eligible for, current California license issued by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs Physical Therapy Board.
* Maintains current Basic Life Support Provider Certification from the American heart Association.
Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of Physical therapy.
* Familiar with standard Physical Therapy modality and exercise equipment.
* Ability to analyze situations and take appropriate action.
* Ability to express oneself clearly in speaking and writing.
* Emotional stability, personal and professional integrity, and interest in growth and learning.
Washington Hospital Health System does not utilize any form of electronic chatting, such as Google chat for the purposes of interviewing candidates for employment. If you are contacted by any entity or individual attempting to engage you in this format, do not disclose any personal information and contact Washington Hospital Healthcare System.