Manager Technical Project Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Project Operations Manager position is responsible for delivering application technical leadership, support, and new application functionality to the WB Studio Facilities business unit.
This role is a technically hands on leadership role, providing database, server, application, and interface development configuration, administration, and support for all applications within the WB Studio Facility portfolio. Additionally, respond in off-hours to lead resolution of critical system incidents and outages.
The role achieves goals by direct management of project management resources, vendors, and all types of external technology resources; and by collaborating with other supporting WB Technology shared resources and business unit resources.
This role also responsible to mentor and train other technical support personnel, employees and contracted.
Responsible to understand business processes and effectively apply them to appropriate application and technical solution. Responsible to design and deliver new applications, interfaces, and reporting capabilities Responsible to provide expert level, second tier, technical support to the entire Studio portfolio of applications and supporting technologies Responsible to manage and approve application upgrades, patches, and fixes Responsible to ensure change management processes successful for all application and process changes Responsible to lead small teams of project managers, technical resources, vendors, and business experts to successfully achieve technical solutions.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
* 10+ years of experience in applications support of a large and diverse portfolio
* 8+ years of experience providing technical leadership and partnership to business leadership
* 7+ years of experience in software development, e.g. Agile, Node.js, SQL, XML
* 5+ years of experience in complex systems integrations to financial and other systems
* 5+ years of experience managing solution delivery across a large organization
* 5+ years of technical team supervisory experience in a large shared resource organization
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
* Computer Science or other technical Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
* Consults on business systems technology and processes to achieve collective understanding among colleagues and establish improvement objectives that align with department strategies
* Lead the execution of business system technology and process improvement objectives.
* Contribute to continued process improvement by defining and tracking key performance indicators.
* Establish and maintain configuration and version management processes for production and test business systems
* Perform sophisticated technical and process analysis to uncover and resolve system and process issues; as well identify improvement opportunities.
* Accountable to delivery timelines and service level performance
* Leader of small team of technical contributors (internal, external, or combination thereof), providing work direction, guidance, and coaching.
* Provides technical leadership to project managers / teams.
* Performs technical assessments on process, teams, systems and delivers summary information to management
* May perform personnel assessments and provide feedback or perform annual personnel reviews
* Leads the execution of a project or project elements related to their area of expertise
* Accountable to project timelines and budget expectations
* Establishes productive networks with internal and external business partners, customers, process experts, technology experts and vendor community
* Manages business partner and management expectations
* Oversees training and education opportunities on process and technology for change management
* Prepares, and/or directs preparation of, regular and ad-hoc reports on process or technology performance for end user and/or management
* Maintains understanding of changing business needs for the areas supported and the subsequent impact on process or technology.
* Understands process and technology related dependencies and issues, and factors them into decisions and recommendations
* Works independently within process or technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies as appropriate.
* Acts as a consultant to IT professionals and business partners in their area of process and/or technical expertise.
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft, Markup, Scripting and/or Java programming languages, including Structured Query Language
* Expert in delivering or supporting enterprise sized systems and infrastructures
* Expert software development life cycle concepts
* Understanding of IT infrastructure architecture concepts
* Expert understanding of client - server software architecture concepts
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent conflict management skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Preferred experience in RTPro, Xytech, Facilities Maintenance, Tours Systems, and security systems
* Preferred experience working in Studio facility environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
* Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
* Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
* Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
* Access to in-house learning and development resources
* Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.