Employment Type: Full-Time
VeloCloud, now part of VMware, is solving enterprise problems of cost-effectively provisioning branch, SMB and mobile users with both high performance and controlled access to Public and Private Cloud Applications. Accessibility to cloud network becomes critical as applications and services migrate from local sites and Data Centers to the cloud, access over fixed and mobile broadband.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud.
* The QA Architect is a lead role driving Quality Assurance initiatives, and will be instrumental in managing QA processes, driving test methods, risk analysis and resource planning.
* Work closely with QA automation infra team guiding and resolving technical issues of the product as needed.
* Will be working with on DevOps tooling and automation to build CI/CD pipelines.
* Develop automation strategy to support regression testing based on the technical analysis, complexity and reusability to 100% automation with reducing testing cadence.
* Required to engage with various partners like PM, Development team to develop, review release targets, and test plans.
* Must be extremely detail and technology oriented and possess excellent communications skills.
* Evaluate, select and formulate best usage of test automation tools and future alignment for different products and applications
* Keep current with advances in automation methodologies and tools.
* Successful track record as a 'hands on' leader within QA teams.
* MS in Engineering, Science, Technology, Computer Science or bachelor's 12+ years of work experience
* 10+ years of solid networking product testing experience.
* 8 years + experience in automation framework development.
* Hands-on experience on Private and Public Cloud infrastructure (vSphere, KVM, OpenStack, AWS, Azure etc)
* Understand complicated cloud and data center infrastructure, deployments.
* Hands on experience with DevOps pipeline tools like Jenkins, Harness, Argo, Gitlab, etc to build CI/CD pipelines.
* Provide technical expertise in system architecture, drive, and recommend optimal testing strategies
* Excellent skills on L2-L7 (Ethernet, VLAN, Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, Multicast) Networking protocols and debugging.
* Hands-on experience test automation using Python, TCL, Shell Scripting (at least one language proficiency)
* Hands-on experience on enterprise (Spirent, IXIA), open-source network traffic generation / debugging tools (iperf, hping, tcpdump, iptables, netem etc)
* Passionate about software quality and software testing
* Strong self-motivation (this is a must); Excellent work ethic, dependable and responsible
* Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new requirements quickly and can adapt to a growing and evolving team
* Critical Thinker; with good logical and creative problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.