Member of Technical Staff - Monitor Group
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Role and Responsibility:
We are searching for talented and highly motivated individuals to join our virtual machine monitor group. The machine monitor group is responsible for the CPU virtualization technology in VMware products. You will have the opportunity to work with bleeding edge CPU technology, VT-x/AMD-V, interrupt virtualization, memory virtualization/management, and virtualization of other forms of compute technologies and accelerators.
You will work independently and as a member of a team of software engineers to design and deliver features in support of new processors.
This work requires you to possess a deep understanding of processor architecture and low-level OS kernel internals, including memory management, resource management, and interrupt architecture.
* Systems-level software engineer with a passion for working at a low level
* MSCS or PhD preferred, with 5+ years of industry experience or equivalent research experience
* Excellent knowledge of OS kernel internals, including memory management, resource management, and interrupt architecture
* Experience in developing high-performance I/O drivers in a virtualized environment is a plus
* Strong background in computer architecture
* Strong software engineering background with a passion for delivering enterprise-quality software
* Must be an excellent hands-on implementer with strong C programming skills in a Linux/Windows environment
* Development experience working on low-level, performance-critical software is a plus
* Strong knowledge of x86 assembly/architecture is also a plus
* Exposure to VMs (Java or x86)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.