Research Associate, Biomaterials
Employment Type: Full-Time
VitroLabs is a venture-backed biotechnology startup working towards a world where science is used responsibly to provide positive impact for business, the planet, and all living things. By harnessing novel applications of science and technology, we've developed a process to grow real leather that is cruelty-free and better for the environment.
About the role:
The Research Associate, Biomaterials will help support the development of VitroLabs' 3D engineered tissue. Reporting to the Associate Director of Biomaterials and working with the Associate Scientist, the Research Associate will use cell culture, tissue culture, and analysis skills to help develop the biomaterial component, which is essential to creating a successful tissue product.
You're an innovation enthusiast with a strong sense of curiosity who enjoys working in fast-paced, collaborative environments. You'll bring your wet lab, sterile technique, and mammalian cell culture experience to round out our Biomaterials team.
* Assist the evaluation of biomaterial properties on cell-material interactions and tissue growth with cell and tissue-based assays
* Assist the tissue culture from start to finish, emphasizing the development of and adherence to detailed SOPs and batch records.
* Work with colleagues to report experiment outcomes by performing calculations, running data analysis, and preparing presentations
* Follow Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs) and follow all safety and company policies.
* Maintain laboratory notebooks, SOPs, and batch records.
* Interact with external vendors to source materials, equipment, and services.
* Literature review in related fields.
Technical Skills & Qualifications:
* Sterile Technique
* Mammalian cell culture
* Foundational knowledge in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or materials, or related disciplines
* Hands-on experience in a cell culture laboratory and biochemical, chemical and/or biological assays
* Exposure to biomaterial development
We offer great benefits (health, vision, and dental insurance) and challenging, impactful work. Join our growing team, work with smart and dedicated people, and help develop cutting-edge technologies that will positively impact the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and VitroLabs Inc retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. VitroLabs Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.