Senior Manager, Crypto Product
Employment Type: Full-Time
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Are you passionate about the intersection of payments and cryptocurrency? Are you deeply familiar with permissionless blockchain technology and have a close network of experts in the fast-moving cryptocurrency and fintech ecosystem? Are you excited about the challenge of leading crypto strategy and developing new products for Visa to deliver value to fintechs looking to support cryptocurrencies?
As a part of Visa's Crypto organization, you will have responsibility for developing and executing Visa's product strategy within the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Visa's foundation is built on electronic money movement and crypto demonstrates this evolution of money into a new data type that runs over the internet. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will be successful in building internal relationships with key stakeholders across the product, engineering, risk, and legal organizations in order to both develop and execute Visa's crypto product strategy. You will help lead Visa as the bridge between new digital currency wallets and 70+ million merchants, financial institutions, and other key partners to successfully expand our business into this new, strategic vertical.
* Own Visa's Crypto products and manage project. Work closely with engineers, researchers and stakeholders to develop cutting-edge technology
* Analyze data to identify commercial opportunities for new products and define product strategy
* Deliver pilots and product developments end-to-end
* Co-create crypto product offerings with partners and fintechs
* Identify and create transformative products and solutions that will support and deliver value to our business and our clients through this ecosystem evolution
* Serve as an internal and external facing expert on distributed systems and central bank digital currencies and educate key clients on these ecosystems
* Build relationships and coordinate business development efforts for key partnerships with fintechs, financial institutions, merchants, partners, etc.
* Ideate and execute opportunities to build products that leverage Visa's core competencies
* Influence and provide market feedback and knowledge sharing to cross-functional teams and executive leadership
* 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
* 9+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+years of experience with a PhD
* 3+ years' experience in product, program / project management, business development or technology
* Demonstrate ability to transform high-level abstraction into concrete product roadmap
* Experience with end to end product delivery, make informed decisions on product features and tradeoffs
* Demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative ability to derive data insights and drive product development
* Demonstrate excellent written and verbal ability to communicate with key stakeholders and present to senior leadership team
* Strong knowledge base of fintech payment ecosystem, macroeconomics, digital / cryptocurrency and players involved. Research experience of blockchain primitives, consensus mechanism and central bank digital currencies is a plus
* Strong problem-solving skills and creativity to identify new opportunities/anticipate how crypto can impact payments ecosystem
* Strong product acumen - ability to take concepts, scope them into clear products, and partner with engineering to build and deliver to market.
* Expertise in explaining complex concepts and technologies to a broad audience of external and internal partners
* Creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
* Demonstrated ability to articulate, drive, and motivate a team towards a strategic vision and roadmap
* Ability to successfully build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization
* Decisive and action oriented even in ambiguous situations
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.