Temp Product Development Manager, Women's Sweaters
Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT VINCE HOLDING CORP.
Vince Holding Corp. is a global contemporary group, consisting of three brands: Vince, Rebecca Taylor, and Parker. Vince, established in 2002, is a leading global luxury apparel and accessories brand best known for creating California-inspired elevated yet understated pieces for every day effortless style. Known for its range of luxury products, Vince offers women's and men's ready-to-wear and accessories through 49 full-price retail stores, 15 outlet stores, and its e-commerce site, vince.com as well as premium wholesale channels globally and through its subscription service, Unfold. Rebecca Taylor, founded in 1996 in New York City, is a high-end women's contemporary lifestyle brand inspired by beauty in the everyday. The Rebecca Taylor collection is available at Rebecca Taylor boutiques and at rebeccataylor.com as well as high-end department and specialty stores worldwide as well is its subscription service. Parker, founded in 2008 in New York City, is a contemporary women's fashion brand with high perceived value. The Parker collection is available at parkerny.com as well as high-end department and specialty stores worldwide. Vince Holding Corp. is headquartered in New York. Please visit www.vince.com for more information.
Vince is searching for talent to contribute to the future development of the brand who have passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. As a company, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer focused culture, a community to 'give-back', and competitive pay and benefits.
Los Angeles, CA
The Temp Product Development Manager, Women's Sweaters reports directly to the VP, Product Development, Technical Design & Design Development.
* Coordinate all phases of development cycle from initial concept through production hand-off
* Manage allocation and sourcing strategy
* Execute product development activities from initial design concept to SMS approval and drive issue resolution
* R&D: Meet with yarns mills, issue po's, track sms yarn, negotiate yarn cost
* Partner with Design team during early development in order to manufacture samples as needed
* Create and monitor calendars to ensure timelines of deliverables
* Partner with Design to ensure products are executed with design specifications. Ensure Development execution is in accordance with the Mill / Vendor Brand strategy.
* Continuously communicate to all team members on, timing, calendar, product updates, approvals, and issues.
* Counter-source and provide options to design where necessary to ensure global margin goals are attainable for production execution.
* Anticipate and identify any potential obstacles in the development process and facilitate the effective resolution of issues by partnering with cross functional teams.
* Identify and maintain seasonal development metrics using global line plans. Responsible for maximum style/cc development ratios at the category level and also managing Design capacity
* Partner with Sourcing, Production teams for challenges and issues while maintaining brand standards.
* Partner with Production Teams and Allocate design prototypes based on mill/vendor strategies
* Manage data on linesheets to ensure integrity and accuracy of the information
* Execute and deliver on assigned seasonal pipeline department activities:
* Issuing development PO's
* Requesting, tracking, reviewing both PROTO & SMS costing
* Tracking Labdips and Maintaining Standards/Approval Library
* Tracking All prototypes
* Tracking and Allocating SMS raw materials and ensuring color/material standards have been met.
* Dual Costing/Counter-sourcing
* Managing deadlines and logistics of ALL markets sms
* Responsible for Style Detail Handover to Production: color, quality, trim, samples.
* Communicate and direct seasonal design development calendar, product development, price requirements and needs to Vendors
* Degree in Merchandising/Product Development, Design or equivalent years of experience
* Must have five (4) years of experience in product development, design or production in garment manufacturing
* Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural and high paced environment
* Ability to partner cross functionally and build strong working relationships with respect
* Exceptionally strong problem solving and negotiating skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and process implementation
* Demonstration of a high level of organization in the product development process
* Strong experience in use of programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook
* Strong ability to be proactive and prioritize
* Solution oriented and strong initiative
* Results oriented, willingness to go above and beyond
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package which may include short and/or long term incentives, clothing allowance, and merchandise discount, in addition to base salary and full health and welfare benefits.
Vince, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Vince, LLC also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.