Employment Type: Full-Time
Cultivate your career with Viceroy Hotel Group and be a part of an an incredible new hotel in Washington, DC in 2020.
Hotel Zena is a bold new cultural hub celebrating female empowerment through provocative art, design, and exciting and relevant programming. Centrally located to the downtown business district, Dupont and Thomas circles, and the Convention Center - Hotel Zena welcomes those who have passion for being part of a bold new story.
If you are inspired by challenges in a fast-paced environment, are thoughtful and entrepreneurial in your approach to opportunity, and if you possess a true passion for hospitality and genuine service, we are interested in speaking with you about our groundbreaking opportunity for Bell/Valet Attendant
The Bell/Valet Attendant is responsible for providing a positive first and lasting impression to guests as they arrive and leave the hotel. The responsibilities of this position include parking vehicles for guests staying at the hotel, assisting guests with their luggage and packages upon arrival and departure, arranging transportation when necessary, and maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of common areas in the hotel for both guests and employees.
General Responsibilities Include:
* Greet all guests upon arrival.
* Assist guests with luggage to their rooms promptly when checking in and upon checking out.
* Park and retrieve cars - must know how to drive manual/stick shift vehicles
* Manage and maintain the parking garage
* Promote all hotel functions and facilities.
* Hail taxicabs and answer inquiries.
* Inform incoming guests of Hotel amenities and Emergency exits while assisting them to their room.
* Perform a guest room orientation once in guest room.
* Assist guests by taking luggage to the curb to meet their transportation.
* Remove trash, papers, cans, bottles, cups, etc., in lobby area between housekeeping runs.
* Previous experience as a Bell Attendant or customer-facing role.
* MUST KNOW HOW TO DRIVE MANUAL/STICK SHIFT VEHICLES
* Works well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time.
* Able to accommodate a flexible schedule that may include weekends and/or holidays
* Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
* A valid driver license which will be subject to background screening
* Able to communicate in English with guests, management, and hotel staff verbally and in writing.
* Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. EOE
Hotel Zena participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.