Employment Type: Full-Time
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Are you an aspiring Contracts professional who enjoys collaboratively creating creative and strategic business agreements to meet company goals based on your education and career experiences to date? Are you interested in supporting a team in negotiations through all contracting phases across a variety of contracts? If this describes you, you may be a great fit for our entry-level Contracts Administrator role within the Tactical Data Links (TDL) Business Area in support of Satellite Communications hardware design, development, production, inclusive of software. Using proactive and professional communication skills, you will advise business leaders and coordinate across both internal and external teams using your keen analytical skills to resolve issues in a variety of situations, primarily transactional based contracting. As you grow in your career as a Contracts Administrator, you will be expected to increase your personal value-added input on contractual approaches, protection of intellectual property, and contract interpretation. You will be expected to work as a team player with your peers in ensuring that a high volume of transactional quotes, proposals and contract awards.
You will examine proposal and contract requirements in detail, including verification of price list based prices, basis of estimates, assumptions, contingencies, compliance, risk mitigation and associated performance related dependencies. Initially, this position involves a collective mix of commercial and US Government DOD contracting with a keen attention to detail, including protection of Intellectual Property and includes firm fixed price, cost plus and T&M contracts. As a contracting liaison between Viasat and some of the most sophisticated and demanding customers, you will be empowered to propose, prepare and negotiate contracts that provide creative solutions to solve unique problems, within Viasat established Guidelines.
* Aptitude to understand commercial and government contracting practices including proposal compliance, applicable terms, and conditions relating to both FAR Part 12 and 15, as well as experience in International contracting, including familiarity with ITAR and EAR compliance.
* Commitment to a high standard of customer service (internal and external).
* Aptitude to gain or current knowledge in the FAR, DFAR, and agency supplements.
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
* U.S. Citizenship.
* Ability to travel (nominally <10%)
* 0 to 3 years of demonstrated relevant experience in pre and post award activities, including leading negotiations and administering commercial, government, and international contracts. Strong working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), particularly FAR Parts 12 and 15 as well as the ability to apply this knowledge to prime and subcontractor situations.
* GSA Contracting Experience, especially being the lead contractual POC administering large IDIQ contractual ordering vehicles.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Additional Requirements and information
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required