Global Sourcing Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat is looking for an experienced Global Sourcing Manager to join our growing Government Supply Chain team. In this exciting role, you will work with cross-functional teams to support new and ongoing programs and manage Requests for Quote, Statement of Work development, pricing & contract negotiations, procuring goods, managing key suppliers, participate in the Sales & Operations Planning process, and analyze performance metrics. Your forward-thinking and ability to think outside the box will come into play as you develop, manage, and implement effective sourcing strategies based on customer requirements and technology trends. Your excellent communication skills and ability to drive results and influence key stakeholders will allow you to communicate and assess daily issues, including engineering changes, to meet the needs of the business and easily interact with division leaders. In addition, you will also establish and foster effective strategic supplier relationships to ensure performance and timely resolution of issues and negotiate and administer optimal terms with suppliers that consider cost, quality and supply continuity in support of unique program requirements.
* As a flexible member of the Government Supply Chain team you will support multiple business areas in our Government Systems organization.
* Interface with key internal stakeholders to understand their procurement and sourcing needs. Includes early and active involvement with the supply base and supporting growth planning and scalability. Also includes partnering with planning to analyze historical spend/forecast spend and ensuring supply continuity
* Manage quote efforts - including the collection of requirements, management of supplier communications, review of bid responses and award
* Negotiate business area and project specific agreements that minimize financial and business risks, and provide optimal terms and conditions
* Provide senior level procurement support to internal stakeholders on supplier contracts
* Continually monitor and develop suppliers within assigned business areas to achieve procurement targets in price, delivery, and quality. Includes maintaining day-to-day and strategic supplier and internal customer relationships as the lead point of contact. Also includes facilitating supplier business reviews and maintaining strategic relationships while serving as the primary resource to resolve issues and problems.
* Successfully track, forecast and implement strategic initiatives that deliver benefits to the organization
* Execute the procurement strategy in compliance with the FAR/DFARs
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to effectively manage senior leadership level relationships
* High personal integrity and ethics
* Ability to negotiate strong pricing, business, and legal terms
* Ability to logically manage issues and conflicts with suppliers
* Ability to foster a collaborative work environment, influence others, and to act as a change agent
* Ability to adapt and embrace change in a constantly evolving business landscape
* Flexibility to learn and to work in a variety of commodities
* 5-10+ years of corporate procurement/purchasing/sourcing experience
* Strong industry experience in Government sourcing/procurement
* Proven track record with establishing/maintaining strong relationships with critical suppliers
* Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills including the ability to present to Sr. Managers.
* Ability to plan and execute risk procurements in support of high-volume production ramp
* Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field or equivalent experience.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge
* Strong MS Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)US citizenship required
* Ability to travel up to 10%
* Experience with contract management, project management, and supplier relationship management within a low volume high mix environment
* Advanced degree
* Experience in Government Procurement
* Experience with ERP system, Oracle or similar.
* Experience in an entrepreneurial, high-tech environment.
* Leadership experience
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Additional Requirements and information
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required