Global Head of Talent Acquisition
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
People & Culture (P&C) - is the people business of Viasat. The Talent Management team is an innovative change catalyst. Put simply: we attract, engage, and grow leaders with a focus on raising the bar with every new hire and maximizing the human potential of our employees.
The Head of Talent Acquisition (TA) will lead and inspire a global team of talent acquisition managers, recruitment specialists and operational experts. You will partner closely with the P&C team and business leaders to deliver a fantastic candidate experience coupled with a robust hiring and assessment process. Using your expertise and thoughtful approach, you will demonstrate customer obsession in everything you do.
Below are the key expectations of this exciting new role:
* The Architect: will create and implement a compelling Global Talent Acquisition Strategy aligned to business needs, working collaboratively with key stakeholders across the company.
* The Talent Acquisition Developer: will coach, mentor, and support the TA team to act as consultative partners to the business and drive disciplined and inclusive talent practices.
* The Recruitment Marketing Champion: will leverage and promote our employer brand to inspire world-class talent to come and join our company.
* The Data Driven leader: will be a deep and critical thinker. Your hypotheses will be based on facts, by crafting problem statements (based on what you find), you will effectively prioritize 'what matters most' to articulate your goals.
* The Strategic Planner: will build accurate global workforce demand plans, working with finance, business, and P&C leaders to develop recruiting strategies aligned to critical talent needs and succession planning programs.
* The Quality Driver: will create TA strategies to deliver a seamless, and 'delightful' candidate experience focused on investing in high potential scalable talent.
* The Inclusive Leader: will partner with our Diversity & Inclusion team to create an authentic diversity recruitment strategy that embraces closed loop mechanisms.
* The TA Systems Partner: will lead recruiting technology tools strategy to improve operational efficiencies and user experience for candidates, hiring managers and TA teams.
* The Measurement Guru: will establish benchmarks for customer success, including executive, professional, university, and intern hiring, internal transfers, contract conversions, global sourcing, and talent acquisition activities.
* The North Star: will gather and share marketplace and competitive intelligence to inform and drive talent acquisition plans.
* 15+ years of TA and extensive leadership experience, architecting bar raising talent strategies, together with the insight and flexibility to adapt previous successes to the uniqueness of our culture.
* Strong capability of influencing and managing through ambiguity and competing priorities.
* Experience working with global stakeholders and leading TA teams across NAM, EMEA, APAC & LATAM.
* Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentations, etc.
* Expertise in compliance and privacy standards, as well as experience optimizing recruiting tools with a finger on the pulse of marketplace trends in the talent Acquisition space.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to synthesize complex sets of financial and business metrics, recognize potential downstream implications to talent strategy, and make proactive recommendations to transform the business.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Travel Up to 30%.
* Master's Degree in Talent Management/HR or MBA.
* Ability to speak multiple languages fluently.
* Experience working with engineers and/or scientists in fast growth technology companies.
* Located in Carlsbad, CA (or US west coast) but we're open to discussion.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Additional Requirements and information
Years of experience:
Up to 25%