Configuration Management Analyst - Temp
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
We are seeking an experienced Configuration Management (CM) Analyst to support government and commercial projects in Carlsbad, California. As a member of the CM group you will work with program managers, engineers and other CM professionals to process hardware and software changes within a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) database, ensuring accuracy and completeness of drawings, schematics, software and/or documentation. The ideal candidate will be able to interpret and apply policies, processes, procedures and technical data standards and maintain awareness for continuous improvement opportunities.
* 2+ years of experience in Configuration Management
* Demonstrate knowledge of part categories, drawing types, change orders and document control processes
* Review and process part/product changes efficiently, accurately and consistently
* Analyze change impact on in-process and on-hand material
* Review and analyze program data deliveries for accuracy, completeness, and compliance
* Facilitate Change Control Boards; review change proposals in a group or virtual setting, and manage open items to closure
* Familiarity with CAD applications and software library tools (Solidworks, Mentor Graphics, Perforce and Git)
* Strong emotional intelligence, written/verbal communication skills, organization, problem-solving skills and adaptability
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
* Experience handling highly regulated, classified or sensitive data
* Fundamental principles of EIA-649 and AS 9100
* BS degree and/or CM certification from an ASQ accredited source
* Intermediate to advanced Word and MS Excel knowledge
* End user familiarity with Agile PLM, Jira, Workday, Workboard and/or Slack
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Additional Requirements and information
Years of experience:
US Citizenship Required