Mfg Indirect - PROCESS TECHNICIAN
Employment Type: Full-Time
Viant is a global medical device design and manufacturing services provider that partners and innovates with customers to provide the highest quality, life enhancing medical devices. We do this through our depth and breadth of capabilities, end-to-end integration, technical expertise, and relentless focus on our customers and on operational excellence. With nearly 6,000 associates across 24 locations worldwide, we offer a unique combination of small-company service and attention with big-company resources. For more information, visit viantmedical.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Set-Up Technician is responsible for mold changes, set-up & process troubleshooting on injection molding machines, auxiliary and processing equipment. Provides hands-on technical ability. Strong trouble shooting skills required. Minimize equipment downtime. Identify defects and make adjustments.
1. Sets up, mold changes and processing. Assists in start-up of jobs to meet the daily schedule. Controls operations on injection molding machines, assemblies, and auxiliary equipment.
2. Material handling and quality checks.
3. Maintain the highest level of workmanship standards and product quality. Provides recommendations to improve quality and performance of molds and molding machines.
4. Use strong problem solving skills to trouble shoot molding machines and auxiliary equipment. Determines the root cause of machine alarms. Makes all necessary adjustments and tool or machine repair recommendations.
5. Evaluates resins to molding performance.
6. Ensures production times are met.
7. Check and complete all paperwork associated with the setup and adjustments of tooling, machines and auxiliary equipment.
8. Ensure compliance with all associated procedures aSpplicable to the manufacturing process.
9. Maintain a safe working environment. Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
10. Communicate best practice to other team members and shifts.
11. Other projects and tasks as assigned.
* Hands-on experience as an Injection Molding Process Technician in an Injection Molding Facility. Machines from 10-720T.
* Experience in medical molding operations and robots are a plus. Provide own tools.
* Minimize equipment down-time.
* Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
* Knowledge of processing characteristics of different types of materials (i.e. PET, PP, & PVC), machine controls and set points are desired.
* Experience in cGMP, ISO 13485, lean manufacturing, 5S, process troubleshooting, and root cause identification are key components of this position.
* Familiarity with clean room operations, understanding of Scientific Molding. Ability to program, start & troubleshoot molding machines and robots.
* Individuals interested should have good mechanical aptitude, be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and have general knowledge of hand tools.
* Capable to reads and understands blue prints. Must be willing to work off shift and overtime.
Technical degree is preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate the combination of experience, training and education to be capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Travel Required No
* Required Education Associate Degree
* Fremont, CA, USA