Mfg Direct - OPERATOR
Employment Type: Full-Time
Viant is a global medical device design and manufacturing services provider that partners and innovates with customers to provide the highest quality, life enhancing medical devices. We do this through our depth and breadth of capabilities, end-to-end integration, technical expertise, and relentless focus on our customers and on operational excellence. With nearly 6,000 associates across 24 locations worldwide, we offer a unique combination of small-company service and attention with big-company resources. For more information, visit viantmedical.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
This position ensures that assigned machines/equipment produce product at or above department standards. Responsible to produce, assemble, inspect and pack all parts as per the work instructions for each assigned task or machine. Maintain all required paperwork and documentation to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and ISO 13485 standards.
1.Operate machines maintaining productivity, efficiency and product quality.
2.Perform visual inspection and testing to ensure all products meet quality standards.
3.Reporting of data collection and coordinate with mold tech's or maintenance for machine errors.
4.Separate parts from runners by visually examining for: flow lines, long gates, shorts, splaying, flash, etc. As needed, trim and clip excess plastic from parts.
5.Pick up bins of parts from shelves under injection molding machines.
6.Provide breaks as required by lead or supervisor.
7.Package parts in bags, totes or boxes as applicable (plant specific).
8.Palletize product per work instructions (plant specific).
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a fast paced manufacturing work environment. Injection molding is a plus.
* Previous work experience showing good attendance levels and that used effective problem solving skills is highly desirable.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; knowledge of techniques, tools, machines, equipment, fixtures, and assembly procedures.
* Must have good mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills, intermediate computer skills to generate reports.
* Demonstrate good judgment, decision-making abilities and potential for growth within the company.
* Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply & divide).
* Experience with weigh scales.
High School Diploma or equivalency is preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate the combination of experience, training and education to be capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Fremont, CA, USA