Senior Business Intelligence Manager, Insights
Employment Type: Full-Time
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Pluto TV is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Manager, Insights who is analytically driven, with strong technical and business knowledge in media, product and big data. The role is focused on enabling a strategic vision in partnership with BI leadership and managing resources in support of driving actionable insights, recommendations and helping the product arm of the organization meet their data needs. The ideal candidate has experience working in partnership with Product Managers, Engineering, Data Engineering, Program Management and Leadership in an organization in addition to managing and mentoring a team of junior to seasoned analysts. This role requires developing strong relationships cross-functionally, with an emphasis on delivering compelling, data-informed actionable insights to various audiences, from product owners, business intelligence and executive leadership.
* Track record of advancing thought leadership and enabling an analytical strategic vision for Product insights in a media or tech organization in partnership with Business Intelligence leaders
* Manage and take ownership of a team of 5 or more analysts in developing analytical insights to support the product team's business questions, challenges and opportunities at Pluto TV through effective, executive-ready data-storytelling
* Act as a liaison and dedicated business partner between Business Intelligence, Product and Engineering leadership and other cross-functional teams involved in product development lifecycle, building strong partnerships and rapport for continued long-term business success and collaboration
* Anticipate and plan for Product's insights and data needs; proven track record of translating stakeholders' business needs/questions into comprehensive, actionable insights
* Manage and prioritize business requests of stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of projects, resolving challenges and roadblocks with minimal oversight as they occur
* Oversee the quarterly product roadmap prioritization process on behalf of the Business Intelligence team and in coordination with the project management team aligning on goal commitments with minimal oversight
* Own and institute process improvements and proper resource allocation for pre- and post-product release reporting, anomaly detection monitoring for analysts, product managers and executives
* Collaborate with Product leadership on hypothesis generation for A/B testing on a regular basis instilling a data-informed culture across teams; educate, train and assist Product in understanding the data lifecycle end to end, from tracking implementation through insights
* Manage and mentor a growing team of analysts, reviewing analytical methodology, actionable insights, recommendations; coach analysts on best practices to storytelling given the audience composition
* 5+ years management experience of a team of 5 or more
* 7+ years of analytical experience preferably supporting a product team
* Experience partnering with large, cross-functional teams and leadership
* Effective communicator of technical and statistical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner from entry level to executive
* Experience mentoring and providing analytical feedback to analysts to deliver exceptional presentations and results
* Strong experience with SQL and writing/optimizing complex queries; experience working with Amplitude, Adobe, Google Analytics, Tableau a plus
* Knowledge of Scaled Agile, Scrum is preferred
* Experience with A/B testing design and methodologies; Optimizely experience preferred
* Experience with tracking event design and instrumentation a bonus; comprehensive experience implementing and improving KPI measurement protocols and standardization
* Advanced knowledge of industry standards and practices in business intelligence/analytics
* Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts at business and also entry user level
* Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent communication skills with strong background working directly with coworkers and clientele to identify business objectives and establish requirements
* A bachelor's or master's degree in Economics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business, Information Management & Systems or equivalent experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.